• I'll vote for the party who is the least worst option that can win

Votes: 57 50.9%
  • I'll vote for the party that agrees with my ideals regardless

Votes: 55 49.1%

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm voting tactical. But I don't really need to hold my nose to do it. I'm happy to vote either Lib Dem OR Labour.

To be honest, Lib Dems are probably more closely aligned to what I think this country needs than Labour at the moment. I'm just not sure they're actually fit to govern yet ... ideally they'd spend a term as the official opposition first.
Well, they're certainly not going to be governing in the next parliament. They do however deserve the 60-70 seats that their 10-11% popular vote is predicted to give them, and it should at least make them 3rd biggest party and raise the profile enough that the leader at the next GE doesn't have to resort to doing naked bungee jumps to try and get some sort of coverage from the main news channels.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, they're certainly not going to be governing in the next parliament. They do however deserve the 60-70 seats that their 10-11% popular vote is predicted to give them, and it should at least make them 3rd biggest party and raise the profile enough that the leader at the next GE doesn't have to resort to doing naked bungee jumps to try and get some sort of coverage from the main news channels.

It’s interesting that the polls think that will pan out, so unusual with FPTP.

“deserve” … on the same basis Reform deserve 100 seats. Thank god for FPTP here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No need for me to vote tactically. I’ll be voting red!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It’s interesting that the polls think that will pan out, so unusual with FPTP.

“deserve” … on the same basis Reform deserve 100 seats. Thank god for FPTP here.
They do deserve 100 seats to represent their voters. However, we can be thankful that 100 MPs on their own won't give them any legislative power in a parliament of 650.

Our wonderful FTFP system gave the current lot unchecked power for 5 years despite only winning 43.6% of the popular vote in 2019.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
IMG_5047.jpeg

I think Voderman is utterly brilliant. No allegiance to Labour, Greens, Lib-Dems, PC or SNP. Just an astonishing and unwavering determination to see the Tories annihilated. Because they are dishonest.

And the website she is pushing says I can vote for who I want because the Tories are unlikely to win. That’s given me a bit of a headache to be honest!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Lib dem was an option for me, but Ed behaving like johnson larking around made it very unlikely, but now you have reminded me of Bellotti, I can't vote for them for life, who could get by this?
I find this attitude a little strange . . . . Being a crook and destructive in direct relation to your football team and heart strings is one thing we all agree on, Bellotti was clearly a weapons grade **** and not deserving of the oxygen he breathes. So not voting for the man is exactly the right thing to do.

HOWEVER . . . . . Not voting, for what are quite possibly the most sensible and universally accepted/fair political policies 'just because' is idiocy in spades.

Asides apathy . . . 'Grudge ' or 'ill informed dislike for no realistic or legitimate reason'. is the other reason we're in such a f***ing mess . . . . Thats a universal issue across all political spectrums.

I don't have a party per se, but I will vote to make sure the tories are as far away from any control as possible . . . . To that end, I have and will vote red green or yellow . . . . Depending on who's most likely to oust them. Who knows, there may come a time when I think differently ( unlikely as I don't consider my self to be that kind of person)

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
View attachment 184627

I think Voderman is utterly brilliant. No allegiance to Labour, Greens, Lib-Dems, PC or SNP. Just an astonishing and unwavering determination to see the Tories annihilated. Because they are dishonest.

And the website she is pushing says I can vote for who I want because the Tories are unlikely to win. That’s given me a bit of a headache to be honest!
I still worry what will "Reform" out of a shattered Conservative party

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm in a new constituency so the tactical websites have been slow to catch up.

They are now confirming who to vote for. Phew.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
HOWEVER . . . . . Not voting, for what are quite possibly the most sensible and universally liked political policies 'just because' is idiocy in spades.
But last time I voted Lib Dem it was because of their sensible and well-liked policies, particularly their - and I quote Nick Clegg here - “unequivocal promise” on student loans. I decided to study based on this “unequivocal promise” and as a result the Libs have directly cost me the single largest amount any government ever will.

The truth is every single party will promise the world to get into power, and walk back alleged promises and policies they never intended to keep.

Despite all this I’m forced to tactically vote Lib Dem here in Lewes as it’s between them and the Tories for the seat, and as much as I dislike the Libs for their power grab, I dislike the Tories a good deal more.

I think Ed Davey acting the fool isn’t exactly warming me to him either.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But last time I voted Lib Dem it was because of their sensible and well-liked policies, particularly their - and I quote Nick Clegg here - “unequivocal promise” on student loans. I decided to study based on this “unequivocal promise” and as a result the Libs have directly cost me the single largest amount any government ever will.

The truth is every single party will promise the world to get into power, and walk back alleged promises and policies they never intended to keep.

Despite all this I’m forced to tactically vote Lib Dem here in Lewes as it’s between them and the Tories for the seat, and as much as I dislike the Libs for their power grab, I dislike the Tories a good deal more.

I think Ed Davey acting the fool isn’t exactly warming me to him either.

You are aware that the Lib Dems didn't win that particular election and therefor had no chance to implement their manifesto, what they had was the chance to hold back the Conservatives manifesto a little bit:shrug:

By the way, i'm not disagreeing with you on policy, simply pointing out the reality of a FPTP system :wink:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I still worry what will "Reform" out of a shattered Conservative party
Best case . . . . A similarly small, powerless, and pathetic right wing loony bin, with a bit of media backing.

and a rejuvinated liberal/democratic party ( of what ever name)

In my lifetime the best years were late 90's early 2000's . . . That was effectively an LD administration.

leftie tories, BLue labour, call it what you want, but for a few, well 10 years they built hospitals, schools, people could afford to live love and prosper whilst there was a modicum of giving a shit about your fellow man . . .not seen since, nor the 30 odd years prior.

Or was I in my 20's ant totaly oblivious? 🤪

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You are aware that the Lib Dems didn't win that particular election and therefor had no chance to implement their manifesto, what they had was the chance to hold back the Conservatives manifesto a little bit:shrug:

By the way, i'm not disagreeing with you on policy, simply pointing out the reality of a FPTP system :wink:
They shafted themselves big time .. . A minority gov. With yellows not bending over with their pants down could have made a big difference . . .maybe not so much then, but now. . . .

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They had a choice of what to do and chose to get into bed with the Tories, knowing full well of their ongoing plans to reform student loans. This was a (arguably THE) key manifesto pledge from the Libs, and one which secured them an enormous turnout from young voters. They shat on them (us) from a great height because they got a whiff of power.

I understand people defending a party and partisan politics will always be a thing, but absolutely nobody even within the party ranks is defending their behaviour. They essentially admitted they got walked all over, and numerous top Tories have said they can’t believe how easily the Libs backed down.

This was the one, major vote winner and they abjectly failed, as reflected in subsequent election results and decimation of the under 30 and student vote.

And, once again, FPTP requires me to hold my nose and vote for them despite the direct cost they caused me. I don’t like it, but I’ll have to go along with it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They had a choice of what to do and chose to get into bed with the Tories, knowing full well of their ongoing plans to reform student loans. This was a (arguably THE) key manifesto pledge from the Libs, and one which secured them an enormous turnout from young voters. They shat on them (us) from a great height because they got a whiff of power.

I understand people defending a party and partisan politics will always be a thing, but absolutely nobody even within the party ranks is defending their behaviour. They essentially admitted they got walked all over, and numerous top Tories have said they can’t believe how easily the Libs backed down.

This was the one, major vote winner and they abjectly failed, as reflected in subsequent election results and decimation of the under 30 and student vote.

Fair enough, both my kids also suffered financially from that Tory policy (27 & 29) that the Lib Dems never managed, as a minority partner to stop, but I know they would both vote LD if it meant getting one of this current cabal out :shrug:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I’ll vote tactically to reduce the influence the Tories can have as an opposition.
Their right wing policies and leadership have really damaged our future.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Canny Tories. Clegg was neutered with that.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
View attachment 184627

Let's be honest they are all untrustworthy, I have never found so pressurised to vote, and I can't see the way forward. I think I am definitely leaning towards staying at home and cracking a couple of beers open instead. it maybe a more sensible option. As for young Carol, she appears to be letting her anger get the better of her, I hope she is okay.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Here the tactical voting websites all say Labour but the MRP polls all say Lib Dem, gah make up your minds!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They do deserve 100 seats to represent their voters. However, we can be thankful that 100 MPs on their own won't give them any legislative power in a parliament of 650.

Our wonderful FTFP system gave the current lot unchecked power for 5 years despite only winning 43.6% of the popular vote in 2019.

I’m concerned that we haven’t seen nothing yet in the bigger picture. Was 1945 to 2015 the age of liberalism in Western Europe and the US to an extent? Demoralising article in the Telegraph, France is just days away from a very right wing coalition that shares Farage’s view on Russia, they’ll pull the plug on 38m Ukrainians. Similarly, the Orange rapist and mate of Putin is favourite to win the US presidency. I’m surprised at how much of the UK chattering classes only have eyes in the world for Britain and Gaza. No interest in the bigger picture.

Farage and many of his Nazi loving candidates make Cameron, Tugenhadt, Rudd, Hunt, Sunak look like the left.

On this occasion I love FPTP, it’s hopefully keeping 100 racists/fascists out of our Commons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here