Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tabloids take aim at Hodgson again, this time over 'space monkey' race row

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
This is the height of nonsense, the tabloids and people seriously need to get a grip.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Stan Collymore is distinctly unimpressed with the front pages

[yt]IDh5C8SlBZQ[/yt]

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
'...as an analogy for Smalling's chief responsibility when in possession being to pass to Townsend if he can'.
I thought that the 2 named players are of the same ethnicity, so the racial angle doesn't work does it?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Completely ridiculous on all counts, obviously.

What's intriguing me about this though, is who leaked the story. There can't have been too many people in the England dressing room at half-time so someone must have it in for Woy when trying to stitch him up here.

I don't think it would have been leaked.

What's happened is that someone has shared with a reporter the story Roy told to get the players focused and they've done it innocently because, like most sane people, they wouldn't see an issue. The hack in question has then thought, great I can twist that to create a story.

Journalists are scum. (not all, but too many are)

"Don't tell my mother I'm a journalist, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse."

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Maybe Frank Lampard mentioned it to his uncle 'Arry, who in turn got in touch with a journo chum...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Doesn't this type of crap story come out AFTER we've been knocked out of the World Cup?

Where have you been for the last few world cups. The gutter press will spend the next 8 months ramping up the bile and doing whatever they can to undermine the team/squad.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
'Kick It Out' are now calling for a full investigation from the FA. Mindless.

Cue Clarke Carlisle to be on Talksport and any other media network that will give him air-time this afternoon.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
maybe we'll see the return of the overwhelming public support for the 'peoples choice' harry redknapp?

'arry would never say such a thing. He's a man manager! Salt of the earth type. His son talks so much sense on Sky Sports. They would be a dream double act for an international football team heading to the World Cup :smokin:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I can't get my head around RH telling a joke let alone pulling it off!
Surely the story here is that Smalling is so thick that he couldn't understand that RH wants him to give the ball to Andros as soon as possible that it needed RH to make an analogy/joke so that he could understand! I would have thought he would be less likely to understand the analogy/joke than the initial conversation!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
andros townsend ‏@andros_townsend 59m

I don't know what all this fuss is about. No offence was meant and none was taken! It's not even news worthy!

There we go then, no story whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here