Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tabloid headlines - best ever/never

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tubby Mondays said:
I was working up in Scotchland a couple of years ago and the headline on the local paper was 'Traffic Lights To Change'.

Bit of a bombshell that one.

Who is that in your Avatar. Looks like Den Perry from Phoenix nights.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Oh -- and the one about the explorer Sir Vivian Fuchs.

It was Sir Vivian Fuchs Off To The Arctic :lolol:

brilliant!!!

anybody got any headlines that never occurred? (a bit trickier)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Two spring to mind.

The Sun - Bad korea move. Thought that was rather good..

Also during the mad cow scare when it was proposed that we may have to slaughter loads of cattle... "Its mass mooder"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I can't remember the specific words of it, but i know the NOTW put something along the lines of Barrymore Pal Found Dead Face Down In Pants.

If i were going to druggie drown in his undies i'd make sure i snorkeled my mouth with more than just the tube he offered me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My personal favourite is the Sun headline following the identification of a bloke who'd inserted a spying device in the Labour Party HQ:

THIS IS THE BUGGER.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Believe it was The Sun that when Jos Verstappens Benetton F1 car went up in flames during a pit stop came up with

"The Ignited Colours of Benetton"

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sticking with the Falklands theme, as we approach the 25th anniversary of the Conflict, the Sun had the headline "In We Go", not once, not twice but three times...couldn't they make their flaming minds up?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The mirror 4 years ago ran the story about the butcher in coronnation street who got knifed by a rentboy.

"I've been stabbed I SAID I've been stabbed".

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Les Biehn said:
Who is that in your Avatar. Looks like Den Perry from Phoenix nights.

:nono:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
See-Goals said:
The mirror 4 years ago ran the story about the butcher in coronnation street who got knifed by a rentboy.

"I've been stabbed I SAID I've been stabbed".

That was quite a funny stabbing, if there is such a thing. The fruity old slice of ham was so much more concerned about attracting attention to the fact that he was in Manchester's gay village than he was about his wounds.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Man of Harveys said:
That was quite a funny stabbing, if there is such a thing. The fruity old slice of ham was so much more concerned about attracting attention to the fact that he was in Manchester's gay village than he was about his wounds.

I had to stand outside his flat in the rain waiting for him to come home. He just barged past, strangely refusing my interview request... !

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
"You've Lost That Living Feeling" when one of the Righteous Brothers died, think it was the Sun.

Following a match at Selhurst Park, where Gerry Queen was sent off, the Guardian ran a headline that appealed to its republican-leaning readers ...

QUEEN IN BRAWL AT PALACE

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Another classic was in the New York Daily Post after amurder on the seamy side of town

Headless Body Found in Topless Bar

also the supposed local paper headline after the Titanic sank

Huddersfield man in sea drama

and finally the probably apocryphal local paper headline about the old lady released from hospital in the early hours

Family disgusted by grandmother's early morning discharge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here