Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T20 World Cup Betting

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Anyone had a little paddle on the WC to make it a little more interesting?

Some bookies are offering decent specials on best batsman/bowler for individual sides...

So far I've got a bets on; Luke Wright top scorer for England 12-1, Ross Taylor top scorer for NZ 6-1, Shakib Al-Hasan Bangladesh top scorer 6-1 and Kyle Coezter Scotland top scorer 6-1.

Pondering over Jesse Ryder for most sixes at 14-1 (he hits f***ing LOADS) although NZ are in the toughest group and may not get to final. Might be better to get on Yuvraj Singh as he should go large in India's group and they will probably get to the final, unfortunately he is 7-1...

Also having a bit of a look at Bracken for Australia's top wicket taker at 5's and Holland to bowl 14 or less wides in the whole tournament, baring in mind they're highly unlikely to progress through their group it's hard to see them bowling 15 wides in 40 overs isn't it?! especially so when you consider if they bowl second they might not even use the full 20!?

Don’t necessarily EXPECT any of these to come in and won’t be overly disappointed if they don’t particularly so with the odds they are at, just makes the tournament a little more fun to watch… Any one else out there doing the same and got any tips?

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Think your bets for top scorers are a good bet for Bangladesh and NZ, not sure about Wright though. He'll always be a bit hit and miss. Not sure about Youvraj either. He didn't have a great IPL and for India could well bat as low as 5 so might not get in early on. Also Bracken isn't your best bet for wickets in the Aussie team, what odds on Mitchell Johnson?? Maybe RP Singh as well.

Maybe top run scorer coming from India, maybe Rohit or Raina might be a good bet. Or from the Saffers maybe AB de Villiers who had a great IPL.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
What site have you bet on? Luke Wright is bloody 4's to be England's top run scorer on Paddy Power.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Think your bets for top scorers are a good bet for Bangladesh and NZ, not sure about Wright though. He'll always be a bit hit and miss. Not sure about Youvraj either. He didn't have a great IPL and for India could well bat as low as 5 so might not get in early on. Also Bracken isn't your best bet for wickets in the Aussie team, what odds on Mitchell Johnson?? Maybe RP Singh as well.

Maybe top run scorer coming from India, maybe Rohit or Raina might be a good bet. Or from the Saffers maybe AB de Villiers who had a great IPL.

Yeah I know what you mean with Wright, but I couldn't say no at those odds after seeing him bat against WI. Probably won't come in but at 12-1 would be silly not to have a little tickle on it.

Think I will dodge Youvraj if that's the case and look at someone a bit higher up India's order. There should be 6's all over the place in their group.

Nah, I know Bracken hasn't got the best chance but his odds are a lot more attractive than Johnsons (5-2), and realistically I'd say it's a 3 horse race between the aforementioned 2 and Brett Lee.

Cheers for the advice.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
England are evens to win their group in most places may do that

How many wides will Scotland bowl in the tournament? 14,5
Pick: Under 14,5 1.85

How many wides will South Africa bowl in the tournament? 30,5
Pick: Under 30,5 1.85

How many wides will Ireland bowl in the tournament? 18,5
Pick: Under 18,5 1.85

How many wides will Netherlands bowl in the tournament? 14,5
Pick: Under 14,5 1.85

Those 4 wides bets comes Total odds: 11.71

May do that too ^

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
On Oddschecker, no bookie is offering better than 6-1 for Luke to be top England scorer - is bwin usually this generous?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone had a little paddle on the WC to make it a little more interesting?

Pondering over Jesse Ryder for most sixes at 14-1 (he hits f***ing LOADS) although NZ are in the toughest group and may not get to final. Might be better to get on Yuvraj Singh as he should go large in India's group and they will probably get to the final, unfortunately he is 7-1...

QUOTE]

I would have thought the top six hitter of the tournament would be an opener or possibly at the latest a number 3, just because they have more time at the crease than the other batsman, they will also probably be from the winners or runners up? Looking at the groups though India look to be in a very easy group. Sehwag or Gambhir?

I personally think SA will win, maybe Gibbs?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Raina hits 6s for fun, and hes not even there. Shows what Bwin know.

Just realised I cannot combine those wides bets either :dunce:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Conboy, those are both good bets. There is some doubt about Sehwag's injury and Rohit has successfully opened the batting for India and looks a good bet. Raina is very consistent and will probably come in at 4. What about Dhoni? I'm not a fan as I am a purist but it looks like he will bat at 3 and slogs 6's for fun. On those odds as well Watson is good value.

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
I like the individual country bets, for teams that should get into Super 8's it is hard to see past the top 3 in each team for top bat. These odds are betafir. Raina is a good bet, difficulty with India is they have so many options, is hard to know who will bet where as you say. Fair bet that Gambhir will open, but Sehwag, Sharma, Yuvraj, Raina, Dhoni, Y Pathan......who will play/bat where.

If you pick top bat from the 8 teams below then you only really need 2 from 8 to come in & you have covered your bets on the 8.

Winner
£20.00 India to win 4.8
£10.00 NZ to win 9.6
£10.00 Sri to win 12

Top Bat Overall
£5.00 Gautam Gambhir 17

Top Bowl Overall
£5.00 Brett Lee 21

Top Bat Country
£5.00 Ricky Ponting 5
£5.00 Ravi Bopara 4.5
£5.00 Gautam Gambhir 5.4
£5.00 Ross Taylor 4.4
£5.00 Graeme Smith 4
£5.00 Sanath Jayasuriya 5.1
£5.00 Ramnaresh Sarwan 5.1
£5.00 Younis Khan 5.1

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Won my first bet thanks to Kyle Coetzer and Scotland bowling less than 14.5 wides (2) :clap: £9.80 in the bag

Now just need Holland to bowl 4 or less wides and lose

Ricky Ponting to somehow top score for Aus, Niall O'brien for Ireland and Mitchell Johnson to be overall top wicket taker :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here