Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] T20 World Cup 2024

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Phew. Through. Just.

On paper coming second in the group has given us the easier super 8 group.
The Super 8 groups were seeded in advance so it didn't matter whether we came first or second, we were always going to be in Group 2 for the Super-8s. We were actually seeded as Group winners, and retain that seeding.

We get USA rather than Pakistan, which is nice, along with South Africa and West Indies. India and Australia should cruise the other group.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Super 8 groups were seeded in advance so it didn't matter whether we came first or second, we were always going to be in Group 2 for the Super-8s. We were actually seeded as Group winners, and retain that seeding.

We get USA rather than Pakistan, which is nice, along with South Africa and West Indies. India and Australia should cruise the other group.
Thats.... ridiculous

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I woke up at 3 am and turned on the radio, got hooked and listened to the entire Ausie v Scots match. Had that Scottish player taken the catch at the death, was it the last over, Scotland could have won.
QUESTION FOR CRICKETERS
When a match is cut from 20 to 10 overs but the first team have played their 20 overs and DLS kicks in, do the players have any wickets or runs scored in the 'extra' 10 overs wiped from the records?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I feel a bit sorry for Scotland to be honest. We scraped through and, ok, so we had some bad luck
with the weather - but to get 180 against Aus is pretty damn good.

How did they get so close?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I woke up at 3 am and turned on the radio, got hooked and listened to the entire Ausie v Scots match. Had that Scottish player taken the catch at the death, was it the last over, Scotland could have won.
QUESTION FOR CRICKETERS
When a match is cut from 20 to 10 overs but the first team have played their 20 overs and DLS kicks in, do the players have any wickets or runs scored in the 'extra' 10 overs wiped from the records?
No they don’t. They all count. I have never read the ins and outs of how DLS works though.

The other night Somerset batted one over vs Kent for the rain came. We were 11/0. After the rain We then batted four more overs so we could have a game and then our score was boosted by five runs from 55 to 60 because when we had the 11 run over we thought playing 20 over match so in theory not as attacking. I assume those runs appear in the records but are not given to players, maybe they are extras? Don’t know.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree. Shame though that there isn't a "best of third place" qualification.

What they really need to do is play all the games they're supposed to play. That way Scotland would have had their chance against us. As it is, they've been robbed of the chance due to rain, which isn't fair.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I feel a bit sorry for Scotland to be honest. We scraped through and, ok, so we had some bad luck
with the weather - but to get 180 against Aus is pretty damn good.
Not when Australia dropped 6 catches its not. Just for context and some real crappy fielding (they dropped 3 catches in 3 balls around over 15 all very catchable). But Scotland did look good in the tournament and England might have struggled getting the runs against Scotland if it hadn't been abandoned.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No they don’t. They all count. I have never read the ins and outs of how DLS works though.

The other night Somerset batted one over vs Kent for the rain came. We were 11/0. After the rain We then batted four more overs so we could have a game and then our score was boosted by five runs from 55 to 60 because when we had the 11 run over we thought playing 20 over match so in theory not as attacking. I assume those runs appear in the records but are not given to players, maybe they are extras? Don’t know.
Was your score boosted from 55 to 60 or was that just the target the opposition has to get ? I think your total would just have stayed the same.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well at least Surrey are back where they belong. :)
Have they just won the 'Dullest County with the most Attention Seeking, Entitled, Supporters' award again ?

I wasn't aware that another county had taken it off you. I didn't think that was possible.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Have they just won the 'Dullest County with the most Attention Seeking, Entitled, Supporters' award again ?

I wasn't aware that another county had taken it off you. I didn't think that was possible.
Somerset ran us close, to be fair! ;)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Was your score boosted from 55 to 60 or was that just the target the opposition has to get ? I think your total would just have stayed the same.
Yes sorry. They are just five extra runs the oppo need so good point. Sorry it was early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here