Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sympathy required for Bill Archer

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Moshe Gariani said:
I wish him no ill on a personal level

Yes, the circumstances of the sale of the Goldstone were very disappointing for Albion fans but Archer did nothing illegal and was only looking after the financial security of his own family

It's typical of the culture of envy that crops up whenever the wealth of successful people is discussed
The man is a twattwattwattwat. No other word for it. I'd love for him to be struck down by a bloody great articulated lorry, and make him suffer in pain before eventually dieing, after spending all his money trying to get healthy again.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Woodchip said:
The man is a twattwattwattwat. No other word for it. I'd love for him to be struck down by a bloody great articulated lorry, and make him suffer in pain before eventually dieing, after spending all his money trying to get healthy again.

Go Get Him Doug :jester:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Moshe Gariani said:

Yes, the circumstances of the sale of the Goldstone were very disappointing for Albion fans but Archer did nothing illegal and was only looking after the financial security of his own family

It's typical of the culture of envy that crops up whenever the wealth of successful people is discussed
Interesting view. I don't share it. I'd like to shit on him from a great height for what he did to my club, and will guzzle champagne until I'm sick when he dies - and I'm really not that vengeful a person at all.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Moshe Gariani said:

that has to be a wind up surely ??? :eek:

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Moshe Gariani said:

Its not envy. I just don't like c*nts.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Moshe Gariani said:

WTF? That fucker tried to make money by killing our football club which has resulted in hardship for all involved,with the Albion ever since. Even away supporters who have to pay silly money to sit miles from the pitch in the wet.

There are many other ways to make money than assett stripping football teams.

What planet are you on?

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Moshe Gariani said:

HAS to be a wind up!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Moshe Gariani said:

Rubbish post on several points.

Envy is a total irrelevance in this issue. No-one is envious of Bill Archer, nor his behaviour, nor his standing in the business community, nor his money.

Looking after the financial security of his family did not need to involve asset-stripping Brighton & Hove Albion, nor selling the Goldstone Ground. He was already set up on the back of being a director of Focus DIY. Indeed, he deliberately put the personal security of his family in severe jeopardy.

The sale of the Goldstone Ground was disappointing (but it would have been understandable if it was necessary). However, the circumstances of the sale of the Goldstone Ground (the clandestine meetings / EGMs / the strong denials of the sale / the Articles of Association issue / Bellotti's and Archer's subsequent behaviour over the next two years) were a f***ing disgrace.

To say he did nothing illegal totally misses the point.

Last edited:

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
Moshe Gariani said:

You funking imbecile - 'culture of envy', what a load of old shite. The problem is the culture of greed that exists in those in positions of power. He saw a way to make some easy money, and thought nothing of the repercussions it would have on thousands of peoples lives. He is morally repugnent and the fact that someone can even begin to defend what was a totally selfish and greed fuelled act is beyond me. That toe-rags like him are allowed to get away with this is disgusting. The sad fact is too much is judged by its monetary worth, with no value placed in less quantifiable assets. A football club, with all its history and place in local society shouldnt be allowed to be brought and sold by some fuc king cu nt. In my eyes the money he personally received from the sale of the ground and the other meny he made from the club was theft.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
f*** off! ;)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps if he were to sell the land on which all the Focus stores are located, he could raise some temporary cashflow to save his ailing company.

He could then tell his loyal customers via his weasel of a Chief Executive mouthpiece that they should stop whinging, and that should they wish to purchase DIY products, they can go to their nearest Homebase, located 50 miles away.

Aaaaaahhhhh, the years may pass, but the bitterness is still there :lolol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Moshe Gariani said:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think there are limits.

Much as the man is an utter, utter SHIT, and I will hold that grudge against him until the day I die, or until we run out at Falmer Stadium, whichever is the sooner, I don't think even I could wish anyone a hideously painful death, for example.

I like to think of myself as slightly human, therefore hoping his house burns down or he suffers a heart attack at his desk seems a little strong.

Having said that, if someone were to swipe all his savings, or steal his Bentley and drive it off the nearest cliff (before posting him the video footage), or run off with his wife to the Bahamas, then yes, I think that wouldn't be unreasonable of us to chuckle quietly to ourselves.

:thumbsup:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No sympathy, still shout obscenities whenever I drive past one of his shops or see a truck bearing the name that shall not be mentioned on the motorway, or at a Ford car with the same name...even refused to join a F***s group at work because the name has so many bad memories.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
even refused to join a F***s group at work because the name has so many bad memories.

:lolol:
Winner of the Most Irrational Devotion To The Albion award 2007
:lolol:

Do you have a camera, and have you tippexed out the relevant letters on the AutoF***s button?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here