Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Switching Seats

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
When I got my ST's I couldn't get an ideal spot and asked if they could set up a waiting list to allow me to move if any came available. I just wrote to the club asking if it had been done - this is the reply in case anyone else was interested in switching at some point - all good albeit 3 days doesn't allow much time

Just to clarify there is no such list for people that want to move seats, we were going to start one but it got far too complicated as the list grew with people from different areas wanting completely different stands so we’ve thought of another way around it.

At the end of the season there will be a window of time of about 3 days where people will be able to come in and move their seat, you will get a letter regarding this towards the end of the season and you’ll have your chance then.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Sounds fair enough but I agree three days is a small window of opportunity.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair to the club I think that they would make a priority switych someone who was not quite as able bodied as they thought they were and were struggling with WSU stairs.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I cannot see how it will work though, ignoring any extra seats, if you go on day one there will only be the seats already free so you will probably not want to change, if you go on day three nobody would have changed anyway.

They will have to ask for requests earlier and STH will have to accept that their seat will be released and they will only get a choise of what is also released

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Can we nominate other fans to move? The bloke in the seat directly to my left is extremely irritating - he seems to think we're a) shit, b) losing all the time and c) incapable of playing football, despite the results, league position and constant entertainment which the rest of us seem to be enjoying.

Clearly he's the only one in the stadium perspicacious enough to see that we've got by on luck alone ever since Gus took over. :tosser:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am hoping that when it comes to renew the season tickets you can keep your old seat.

you can....this was confirmed at the presentation meeting I attended.

Which was why I never understood the Seat For Life thing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
OT but does anyone know if the A block in the South Stand is closest to the West or East?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
STH's have always got first refusal on renewing their existing seat. Can't see that ever changing, it almost goes without saying.

You are probably right, but it is not a given.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can we nominate other fans to move? The bloke in the seat directly to my left is extremely irritating - he seems to think we're a) shit, b) losing all the time and c) incapable of playing football, despite the results, league position and constant entertainment which the rest of us seem to be enjoying.

Clearly he's the only one in the stadium perspicacious enough to see that we've got by on luck alone ever since Gus took over. :tosser:

Sounds like it could be one of two tossers who infected Block D/E South Stand for the last couple of seasons at Withdean. So glad that I no longer have to listen to their shite, life is pleasant in the East Stand without those two wankers anywhere near me.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
STH's have always got first refusal on renewing their existing seat. Can't see that ever changing, it almost goes without saying.

It would be too massive an exercise not to.

My hope was that as some will not renew (although monthly pay makes that less likely so not sure end of season has too much relevance) and that they will offer non renewed seats to existing STH's before going to the next ones on waiting list giving them the opportunity to move.

Even now I reckon they must have cancelled some due to non payment?

I'm in row G towards the South and can't see much at all of what's going on in the North/East quadrant

As for the "seat for life thing" I thought it allowed someone with it to sell their seat to anyone on the open market for whatever (one off) price they could get and that person then became a STH and started paying for it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As for the "seat for life thing" I thought it allowed someone with it to sell their seat to anyone on the open market for whatever (one off) price they could get and that person then became a STH and started paying for it?

Yes, having a PSL (Private Seat Licence) enables the owner to sell their seat to someone, and they can set their own price. So if a non-STH wanted to jump the waiting list and pay extra to buy someones PSL off them (presumably at a premium) then they could. Or a PSL owner can bequeath his/her seat to a friend or family member if they are no longer going to go, rather than that seat being 'up for grabs' like a normal one when a STH no longer wants to renew.

Being as I never intend to relinquish my seat (you won't get me out of my seat in WSU if you had a crowbar and an industrial sized tub of swarfega) its certainly not something I'd shell out 500 nicker for, but each to their own.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
With 1000+ on the list maybe I should start the bidding at £50k then for my PSL, just to see if there are any takers?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
you won't get me out of my seat in WSU if you had a crowbar and an industrial sized tub of swarfega

Come on, I was just about to eat my DINNER :ohmy:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here