Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swiss Referees Should Stick To Ski-ing!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
WHAT f***ing GAME WAS THAT REFEREE WATCHING!!!

PRICK!! HE BOTTLED IT!!!!!

:censored:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
OK- that ref had a biased view of the game but he wasn't responsible for the defeat. The blame lies with the players who weren't good enough and a coaching staff who are also not good enough.

English football has been found out yet again-moan about the ref by all means because he was crap but he wasn't responsible for a bunch of overpaid workshy premiershit twats failing to do what they get paid to do which is play football for ninety f**king minutes:angry:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
referee.jpg

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Have to disagree, The ref wants sacking. There was f*** all wrong with tha goal from Sol campbell and Beckham!!!! What the f***!!!!

Just stick to your merchandising son, you'll be alright!!

:censored:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I agree about the ref but he didn't lose us the game did he? The English team lost us the game-that is the players and the coaching staff. Nobody else-we were unadulterated rubbish last night and didn't deserve to win.

Nearly every 50/50 ball was won the Portugese, Beckham plc didn't win one header, Gary Neville was standing around when Postiga scored his goal (left him unmarked), midfield was missing in inaction and apart from a couple of them, Phil Neville should have left at home and the English players were not hungry enough apart from the first three minutes.

Hardly the fault of the ref regardless of the validity of some of his decisions.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He may have actually done us a favour...maybe now the people in charge of English football will realise that we are not good enough and will take the necessary steps to improve our skill levels. At all levels of the game.

Maybe now they'll realise that it is better (long term) to nurture players coming through the lower leagues rather than throw squillions at foreign imports whose only interest is swelling their bank balance-keeping decent English players out of the premiershit.

Then again-the premiershit plc clubs are only interested in profits and don't give a flying f*** about the England team. It is club over country every time for them...how many players are injured before friendlies and then make miraculous recoveries for their club's games 3 days later?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Bwian said:
I agree about the ref but he didn't lose us the game did he? The English team lost us the game-that is the players and the coaching staff. Nobody else-we were unadulterated rubbish last night and didn't deserve to win.

Nearly every 50/50 ball was won the Portugese, Beckham plc didn't win one header, Gary Neville was standing around when Postiga scored his goal (left him unmarked), midfield was missing in inaction and apart from a couple of them, Phil Neville should have left at home and the English players were not hungry enough apart from the first three minutes.

Hardly the fault of the ref regardless of the validity of some of his decisions.

Actually yes he did lose us the game. The facts are there, if he didn't make an appaling decision we would have won 2-1 regardless of how badly we played. It doesn't matter how many 50-50 balls we won or they won. Winning tackles doesn't count as goals. We scored two goals in ninety minutes and they scored one. Last time I checked that's what counts for winning games.

They should have dragged him from his dressing room by his early nineties highlighted hair, past all his free watches and prostitutes that had been sent to him, past the linesman who'd been made to stand in the corner for wanting to allow the goal, sat him in front of a tv and made to explain to the whole of Europe on live television what the f*** was wrong with our winning goal. And then shot him.

Eriksson, Beckham, etc, will be made to explain every misplaced pass and mistake they might have made while this twat takes charge of the biggest game in Europe for the next four years.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He didn't lose us the game-our inability to put the game beyond the reach of Portugal lost us the game. A lazy, ineffectual and jaded midfield cost us the game-Beckham plc was invisible FFS, Gerrard was knackered doing the work of two people, Lampard? ...

There is no denying that the 'goal' should have counted but it didn't and because we f***ed up big time during the rest of the game that one decision by the ref is made to look huge. Not to mention bringing on Phylis Neverwillbeanygood...is that the best we've got?

We did not deserve to win playing the way we did. Even the Albion's performances against Swindon don't look so one sided this morning.

Bollocks to the premiershit millionairesses, The Albion mean way more to me and increasingly so as every new season comes along.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bwian . . . are you Swiss ? ? ?

the Ref was appalling . . .no matter that we played poorly, and our midfield was bloated on olives and sardines, he was disgraceful in his heavily biased decision making . . .these things swing games in a huge way

is it also not the responsibility of the referee to check the pitch goals etc ? that penalty spot had been tampered with . . .big time . . . .the least he could have done was call the two captains and forewarned them

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Of course he was appalling-nobody is denying that but he did not lose us the game.

As for the penalty spot...did it get changed for their penalties? No-theirs were simply better. Both teams had to use the same penalty spot and if you recall Michael Owen's post-game interview he said that the team had practised on the pitch the day before, had practised penalties and noticed what a state BOTH penalty spots were in. Sorry-the penalty spot argument is a non-starter. Knowing how shit the penalty spots were more practise was needed until they were comfortable taking penalties. Poor preparation I'm afraid-do we blame the ref for that too?

Time to stop attaching blame to the ref (who was dreadful) to cover up the awful performance of a very ordinary England side.

I wanted England to win as much as anybody on here but the fact is we were not good enough to have put the result beyond doubt when it was easier to do so-during the 90 minutes. The referee didn't make Beckham plc disappear for the whole game. The ref didn't force our players to pass the ball to Portugal every time we kicked it, he also didn't make our midfield/defence keep kicking the ball back to James who would then hoof it upfield where a Portugese player won every frigging header. Or did he?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
good points Bwian . . . and I agree, but I still think the game would have panned out differently, and in our favour, if the ref hadnt been such a tosser

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
on the radio this morning it was claimed the ref had blown before the Campbell on the line header, it was for the Campbell push for the first header. Also there is a fairly damning photo in the Times of Terrys elbow on the keepers shoulder.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I see where Bwian is coming from, you can't JUST blame the Ref - although he was obviously bribed and I hope there is a full FIFA enquiry. (It's only when Collina doesn't referee that you realise just how REALLY good he is). The ref didn't blast that penalty over the bar (or miss the one against France that would have spared us Portugal). He did watch the ball sail over his head a few times, but unlike John Terry for their first goal he was SUPPOSED to ignore it.

However Bwian I'm afraid you're in for a sad awakening if you think this result will change attitudes etc in England. We all care about our clubs first and formost (witness all the posts on NSC about Club before Country), and for the Premiership that means they can just carry on as before.

Cheer up, by our ususal appalling standards we've done quite well this time: it was the first time we've qualified from the Group stage for a Finals in a foreign country. Replace James and Terry and we've got the makings of a decent team. Beckham? Hmmm. That's two tournaments running he's been poor, I wouldn't drop him yet but he must look to his laurels.

dranyam

Jul 18, 2003
Wallington
The bottom line is - England went out on penalties. Try & blame who you like, but that's the way it is.

If a match goes to pens & you win, you'll take that, regardless of how you got to that stage in the first place. Don't we know that more than anybody? If you lose, no matter how much of a sickener it is, you have to accept it as being part of the game we love.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here