Would you give em the jab

• Yes

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

The 6months to 5 year old group have apparently been hospitalised due to catching Swine Flu without having any underlying health issues.

But would you and have you taken your toddlers for the jab?

Our 3 year old is due for one tomorrow but thinking of pulling out what do NSC mums and dads think?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The 6months to 5 year old group have apparently been hospitalised due to catching Swine Flu without having any underlying health issues.

But would you and have you taken your toddlers?

Our 3 year old is due for one tomorrow but thinking of pulling out what do NSC mums and dads think?

The most at risk groups are youngsters, pregnant mums, and anyone with underlying health problems.

I ask the question, would you forgive yourself if your child died?

D

Deleted member 2719

The most at risk groups are youngsters, pregnant mums, and anyone with underlying health problems.

I ask the question, would you forgive yourself if your child died?

No, thats why we were going but i have heard a few people saying they know someone who knows someone that had there kids hospitalised because of the jab.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not that i think its true, but if a kid is hospitalised due to the dab, they would certainly be hospitalised if they contract the real full blown virus.

D

Deleted member 2719

What no one with young kids on tonight or no one give a shit?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My son had his done this week and has been fine apart from the slight fever that often accompanies any vaccination.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
we are still mulling it over , i think the main problem is that it has not been tested on anyone that young and there have been reports of adverse affects.

D

Deleted member 2719

we are still mulling it over , i think the main problem is that it has not been tested on anyone that young and there have been reports of adverse affects.

I don't suppose you know percentages of the adverse affect?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
it's completely untested and they've no idea what any long term effects would be.
i'd definitely give it a swerve...

Completely untested? I've read some bollcoks on here but that takes the biscuit. Do you REALLY think a completely untested vacine would be let anywhere near all children in Britain under the age of 5?

There is of course a risk to the use of any vacine but I'm sure this is far less than that which could potentially accompany swine flu (roughly a 1 in 500 chance of fatally contracting it).

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
it's completely untested and they've no idea what any long term effects would be.
i'd definitely give it a swerve...

That is actually not true.

See this link

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/is-the-h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-safe

But in particular this extract

"In clinical trials, 10,000 to 15,000 children and adults have received various manufacturers' brands of H1N1 swine flu vaccine. Nothing serious happened to any of them, including this reporter, who received a double dose of the Sanofi-Pasteur swine flu vaccine"

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Taking my 2 year old to have her jab tomorrow, I did concider whether to refuse but I know others that have had it with no affect and if there were issues it would have been all over the press.
The alternative is swine flu and the young by all accounts are the high risk group so I'm going for it. A decision based on feeling more than hard facts I'm afraid so probably not much help, do what feels right to you.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
My 11 year old who suffers from mild-ish asthma has been called up for the jab and I'm not too sure about it... I'm more yes than no.

I don't know enough about the vaccine and you don't know wether to trust any info that is available on the net.

But I guess as Unc C said, would you ever forgive yourself if anything happened ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here