Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Have just returned from visiting NMH in Swindon. I'd recommend Swindon to all NSC users, although we never ventured beyond the capital, Stockholm. Generally speaking they speak English better than we do, and both the women and the architecture are stunning.
Alcohol and coffee tend to be really expensive, but it's a great just sitting around eulogizing about The Albion and watching some amazing women going about their business. Possibly not the best place to visit if you're a gay alcoholic.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I heard that Norway City are still interested in Bennett!!!!!!!

The idea is to convert as many Scandinavians to The Albion as possible - as so many of them 'support' Prem clubs.

I want more of them to say "Jag var en Albion fan när de var bara glimten i ögat då den internationella fotbollsvärlden"
("I was an Albion fan when they were just a twinkle in then eye of the international footballing World")

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'm flying out to Stockholm tonight! No really I am. Coincidence.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Any tips of things todo/see when there?

Any tips of things todo/see when there?

Yes.
Get an SL travel card - preferably at the airport (about £26 for 7 days). All of Sthlm County is then yours to travel at will. It even includes the ferry to Skeppsholm and Djurgarden islands, as well as buses and underground and trains. Otherwise, travel can be expensive if you try paying for individual journeys every time. Djurgarden has some museums, the rated 'Vasa' is alright but the Nordic Culture one is pretty dull for what it is.
Take the tube to Teknica Universitat station and from the the bus to Vaxholmen one day - good for a nice journey to see some of the archipeligo from a very pleasant locale.
Gamla stan is the old town island, excellent churches to see inside - also the Royal Palace, government buildings, beer-kellars down stone steps, and take in the perimeter next to the Eastern side to see the waterfront from there before popping across the bridge South to Slussen and negotiate the pathway walk heading West alongside the water there on Sodermalm Island.
That area also has a lot of nice cafes, pubs and shops, and is a bit rustic or 'bohemian' in style.
Don't be afraid to politely ask locals for directions when needed, as they like to show off their English language skills (putting many in the UK to shame, as BoA mentioned).
T-Centralen has Churchill Square and the likes covered x10, and if you head to Ostermalmstorg from there you can enjoy Stureplan by day or night. It's expensive right there though, as all the big fashion lables are there (i.s. Gant, Tommy Hilfiger, Armani etc etc). The cafes around there are cool though, and coffee is always around 25 Krone for regular.
Money is x 10, so it's dead easy to figure out (e.g. that coffee is around £2.50). Booze in the bars is REALLY expensive I'm afraid, so avoid drinking in them other than the occasional drink perhaps, just to be in one. Example; a pint of decent bitter is £7, lager £6-7, wine around £9 a glass. Yes, I know, that is indeed mental!

Swedish youth spend much of the time talking on mobile phones - that is ridiculous, but the latest contracts have them at unlimited calls and internet usage so they use it. They often listen to headphones at most other times. Tsk. It can get annoying when someone is loudly yabbering next to you on the tunnelbana (tube) or pendeltag (train), and it appears that it annoys most people who don't do same.
The language is absolutely mental, and they often sound like their tongues are being swallowed. "heyhey" is the friendly greeting manner. "tack" is "thanks" or "tack sa mycket" much thanks, pronounced 'tacksameeka'. Don't try to make head or tail of it - unless you are trying to live here!

If you are here for more than a week, I'd suggest a cruise ship to Finland- very cheap at about £80 for a 2 person cabin for a 24hr cruise.
They just want to sell you duty-free, but it is what the chav types seem to do as well. Cabaret acts, karaoke, and music entertainment on those jaunts - but interesting for the views of the Baltic and the archipelago.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Thanks NMH, Just a weekend as a Birthday present for the otherhalf. Heard the public toilets are really posh!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gothenburg had SEVEN McDonalds all in the city centre. SEVEN.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
My last comment did look abit sus didnt it! She is definatly female, and the guy that told me about the loo's wash the local drunk irish man in the local not to be trusted im sure!

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Have just returned from visiting NMH in Swindon. I'd recommend Swindon to all NSC users, although we never ventured beyond the capital, Stockholm. Generally speaking they speak English better than we do, and both the women and the architecture are stunning.
Alcohol and coffee tend to be really expensive, but it's a great just sitting around eulogizing about The Albion and watching some amazing women going about their business. Possibly not the best place to visit if you're a gay alcoholic.

I live in Swindon so recommend it as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here