Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Dear BensGrandad, I always think you speak a lot of sense, but if you think that El-Abd and Fraser were the best players on the pitch in the first half then I think you need to go to Specsavers, but I know that football is about opinions, but I would say if you did a poll to see who were the best players in the first half amongts the 6200 that were there, think you might get maybe two agree, that would be Adams and that lovely guide dog. Fraser was simply appalling he only passed the ball sideways to El-Abd who either played in back, square or lost it. Not their fault, El-Abd is a second stream defender and Fraser is, well not sure.........

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"when you dont see teams off, you get nervous" - so why the f*** did you not make a substitute until after 80mins

The substitutions were at least 15 to 20 mins late, just about everyone in the crowd could see it but the manager couldn't. Quite what was going through MA's head is a mystery. We could and should have won that game with something to spare.

No I won't be going to Swindon,I have absolutely no ambition to go to any away games at the moment, getting myself up for home ones is difficult enough.

GDC

In A Checked Shirt
Nov 7, 2006
On A Train
I am going on the condition that I am blind drunk by the time I get there.

Who is catering for this trip?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dear BensGrandad, I always think you speak a lot of sense, but if you think that El-Abd and Fraser were the best players on the pitch in the first half then I think you need to go to Specsavers, but I know that football is about opinions,QUOTE]

I have just had cataaracts removed from both of my eyes at Sussex Eye Hospital which hopefully has made me be able to see better, so no need for Specsavers, and as a result I was able to see both El Abd and Fraser winning balls in the midfield, holding the ball and playing short passes to other players. What I couldnt see was anybody other than the 1 cross from Cox , from which Forster scored, giving the 2 strikers much to go for and it is in this department that we are lacking. Everybody at Withdean, bar posibbly the 3 on the bench, who make the decisions, thought that a playmaker should have been introduced after about 60 - 65 minutes as we had gone stale. That is where we lost the game IMHO.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dear BensGrandad, I always think you speak a lot of sense, but if you think that El-Abd and Fraser were the best players on the pitch in the first half then I think you need to go to Specsavers, but I know that football is about opinions,QUOTE]

I have just had cataaracts removed from both of my eyes at Sussex Eye Hospital which hopefully has made me be able to see better, so no need for Specsavers, and as a result I was able to see both El Abd and Fraser winning balls in the midfield, holding the ball and playing short passes to other players. What I couldnt see was anybody other than the 1 cross from Cox , from which Forster scored, giving the 2 strikers much to go for and it is in this department that we are lacking. Everybody at Withdean, bar posibbly the 3 on the bench, who make the decisions, thought that a playmaker should have been introduced after about 60 - 65 minutes as we had gone stale. That is where we lost the game IMHO.

unusually I'm with BG on this

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes me and little Giraffe will be going. The Danny Wilson appointment worries me though. Prior to that I was hopeful of a win, but not so sure now.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This was possibly the watershed for me, I only live 25 miles from Swindon but tomorrow will be going to watch FGR play Barrow...a game I had been looking forward to since the fixtures came out...if I can't be arsed to go when we play Cheltenham, in just a few weeks time, then the Albion have probably lost me forever!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm going! It was either that or spend my anniversary with the missus... tough choice!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
still not sure tbh,but my son might decide 4 me as he is feeling unwell,and if its like my daughters who has been sick over xmas,we wont be going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here