Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Weather Forecast

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why didn't I look at this BEFORE buying a ticket this morning?!

Attachments

• swinweather.bmp
    976.1 KB · Views: 540

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
hmmm think I might stay in bed all weekend!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hmmm think I might stay in bed all weekend!

marc, talking about cold weather and in your capacitry as NSC Chief horticulturalist, can you please advise what steps should be taken to protect my Olive trees that I have in pots? I understand that they are sensitive to frost, therefore should I bring them in for the winter or someone suggested wrapping the pots in bubblewrap to keep them warm. What do you reckon please?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
marc, talking about cold weather and in your capacitry as NSC Chief horticulturalist, can you please advise what steps should be taken to protect my Olive trees that I have in pots? I understand that they are sensitive to frost, therefore should I bring them in for the winter or someone suggested wrapping the pots in bubblewrap to keep them warm. What do you reckon please?

wrapping should suffice, bubble-wrap or that white sheet stuff (forget its proper name) will do. But seeing as your in The Oak where it tends to be more frosty in the Valley maybe bring them in (if possible) when a harsh frost is set to strike, best to be safe :smile:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
wrapping should suffice, bubble-wrap or that white sheet stuff (forget its proper name) will do. But seeing as your in The Oak where it tends to be more frosty in the Valley maybe bring them in (if possible) when a harsh frost is set to strike, best to be safe :smile:

I will take your advice and bring them in...thanks mate.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why didn't I look at this BEFORE buying a ticket this morning?!

It's always cold when we play Swindon.

Sadly i'm not travelling to Swindon but is anyone wearing Mickey Mouse ears?

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 425

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
they might be alright outside after checking this out:
http://www.bigplantnursery.co.uk/GrowingGuideOlives.htm

Indeed. We have an olive tree at work - albeit in the ground and not in a pot - and it survived the harsh winter of last year without any protection no problem at all. I should add though that we have a walled garden and tend to be quite sheltered from cold winds. It's also sited facing South in front of a stone barn wall that acts as a bit of a radiator, even in the winter.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
you mean to say people are gonna bother with swindon... ??? whats the point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here