Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You know it's a real rip-snorter when they're talking about going to penalties and the first half isn't over....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well Gus did say he would not change....Apart from Bruno and Bridge you would have to say, entertainment level 3 out of 10.....Don't expect to many thrillers away from home this season, a lot of 1-1's and 1-0's...either way.
You can see why we have so few live league games,the commentators have to work twice as hard as nothing happens:(

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
It's the kind of game I was expecting. We are territorially in control, full backs doin well, it's just a matter of time. It was never gonna b easy.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Both full backs looking good, both bombing forward. Bridcutt looking sharp. Noones delivery has been pretty poor.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Looking a lot better with Vicente deeper and running at them, only a matter of time.
Bridcutt is playing superbly, Bridge and Bruno look good.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I really would love Harley to prove us wrong for a change and play really well but he has been so poor. A total passenger.

This i exactly the sort of game he should be trying to make a big impression in.

But was he though? Made a few tidy passes and kept the ball moving. Yeah he lost it a few times but it's hardly been an embarrassing half for him.

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
Half time thoughts (conclusions I have jumped to)
-Swindon play decent stuff for a club just promoted from league 2
-Di Canio makes Gus look completely sane
-Love Noone's ability to beat his man but his final ball desperately needs some work if he is to prove himself at our level
-Bridge and Bruno could be HUGE for us this season, both have a lot of class
-Kuszczak's distribution could use a little work

Fairly happy with the display so far, though missing a cutting edge thus far.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Saw three cross-pitch passes from deep R to L in the space of 5 minutes... not the usual ball-control stuff. Atavistic reversion to hoofball, or just wheel-spinning as the half runs down?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here