Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon - a selling club

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
More for Swindon fans to moan about as Sean Morrison (who you may remember them making a list of reasons why he is better than Greer) has been sold to Reading!

Austin is also unhappy and trying to force through a move to an unnamed championship team.

Makes that 'side ways' move Greer made look laughable! HA HA HA HA

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Makes you wonder what the Swindon owner's plan is.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
there has to be more going on behind the scenes than we are aware of - and indeed more than their fans are aware of. I wonder if Wilson will walk out or be thrown out - one or the other must surely happen. Their suggested targets to replace Austin are Leon Knight and Elliot Benyon. Do they have any cover for Morrison - I thought he looked like a player with potential rather than the finished article but he will need replacing urgently if they aere to save a bad season from becoming a disaster.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Swindon didnt have a choice in the matter, Morrison had a clause in his contract which was triggered by Readings bid. Its amazing that players (agents) so young have the cheek to ask for such clauses in their contracts at such a young age!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Wasn't he the player thaw was better than Greer in every way? And now they are just like 'meh'. Something weird is hapenning there but it looks like there was a 250k get out clause on his contract.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
More for Swindon fans to moan about as Sean Morrison (who you may remember them making a list of reasons why he is better than Greer) has been sold to Reading!

Austin is also unhappy and trying to force through a move to an unnamed championship team.

Makes that 'side ways' move Greer made look laughable! HA HA HA HA

Source? I can't see it on any site.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
This is a Facebook update from one of my Swindon supporting mates! :laugh:

Anyone want a Swindon Town season ticket, sounds like our board don't have the same ambition as the fans, and are not backing their statement made when taking over the club. We are infact a selling club, that is not looking to develop and build a team around the promising players of Austin and Morrison but sell them to ANY club that wave half million infront of them.

I am losing the plot with this at the moment, Season ticket certainly won't be renewed next season and this years ticket might get lobbed at the chairman tomorrow!

RANT OVER.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Some facts for you guys:

“Sean has a release clause in his contract. He is the only member of the squad who has one, and I am not in favour of them,” he said. “I wouldn’t enter into one again.

“The release clause was put in because he didn’t want to sign a new contract and he signed his current contract on the basis that it was there.”

SWINDON TOWN: Morrison poised for Reading switch From This Is Swindon Town FC)

If he is not in favor of a clause all he had to say was no, im not moving...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here