Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sweet Caroline - why?

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Of course it was the MCG, Strauss actually went in the first over of the Second Test, not the First?

As mentioned I was at the MCG for the first day, 90,000 there at start of play, probably less than 10,000 at stumps. I still have copies of the Aussie Papers from the following Day as souvenirs. Let's just say the Convicts don't like being stuffed at Cricket...

Definitely the first test at the Gabba, he cut his 3rd or 4th ball from Hilfenhaus straight to gully.
2nd test at Adelaide was the one where Australia batted first and were immediately about 2/0.

Having said that, I've just checked and Strauss was dismissed off his 3rd ball at Adelaide as well, just not first thing in on the first morning.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Definitely the first test at the Gabba, he cut his 3rd or 4th ball from Hilfenhaus straight to gully.
2nd test at Adelaide was the one where Australia batted first and were immediately about 2/0.

Having said that, I've just checked and Strauss was dismissed off his 3rd ball at Adelaide as well, just not first thing in on the first morning.

Shall we just we say England IMPROVED as the series went on?

We moved from one set of relatives to another in 2011 so had a chance to go to the Final Test at the SCG but Mrs Jakarta put her foot down so had to watch it on Channel 9.

Bill Lawrie was about to explode by Day 3. Local Boy Prior made a quick fire Century. Convicts lost by an Innings. Marvellous Scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here