Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

swansea viewpoint

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And yes, Fallon missed a sitter at the end, but the linesman had already flagged for offside (it was that, rather than a goal kick, as many people thought). [/B][/QUOTE]

How on earth could it have been offside?

The ball was in the air for ages, and the linsman certainly did not put the flag up before Fallon shoed it over.

As for the defending before their second goal - I agree - poor - but a goalkeeper - certainly an International goalkeeper should not be beaten on the near post.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Swansea were knocked of their stride by that brilliant goal by Coxy - took them a while to get back into it.

Swansea were disappointing, they surely made a mistake not having Fallon on from the start for the injury-rusty Akinfenwa. I was expecting a tough and clever team like Tranmere but they had little pattern to their play and I was expecting more from the winger Britton. Bad night for them and I'm pleased we didn't let it slip against them playing like that.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
gwpdylan said:
What a crap match report. For starters the writer gives the impression that it was pissing it down with Siberian temperatures, when in fact it was a mildly chilly night and there was a bit of drizzle for a dew minutes. I know they're a long way away but surely they still get the same weather as the rest of us?
Also he criticises them for passing it around in little triangles to no effect and trying to pass it into the net. ??? Was I the only one who noticed all the long balls aimed at Akinfenwa?

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
"They seemed to have mure urgency in their game, more drive to get forward and the desire to win."

That to me sums up the main difference between Wilkins and McGhee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here