Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea City 3 Arsenal 2

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Not seen any posts,yet decent game some decent football,Aresnal made it 2-2 and Swansea effectively scored from the kick-off. :clap:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wait for the 'who gives a shit' posts from the alpha males here... good game, enjoyed it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wait for the 'who gives a shit' posts from the alpha males here... good game, enjoyed it.

Did you see the play off final in May? Swansea that day tore a physical Reading team apart, with great passing and invention.

A sign of things to come. They play beautiful football.

Brendan Rodgers has done an amazing job, at a smallish club.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Did you see the play off final in May? Swansea that day tore a physical Reading team apart, with great passing and invention.

A sign of things to come. They play beautiful football.

Brendan Rodgers has done an amazing job, at a smallish club.

We are the fledgling Swansea, that is what we have to look forward to I believe.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We are the fledgling Swansea, that is what we have to look forward to I believe.

Agreed.

Just seen the highlights on MOTD2. Swansea out passing Arsenal....superb ! :)

D

Deleted member 18477

Agreed.

Just seen the highlights on MOTD2. Swansea out passing Arsenal....superb ! :)

wilshere, arteta, gervinho, sagna, vermaelen, santos all missing. fair play to swans though they do play great football!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The MOTD2 comments from either Dixon or Roberts about how it's all about the manager and how they play the same passing game from the youth set up right up to the first team. Lose Gus Poyet at our peril.

The only sad thing is that any half decent small team in the Premiership is going to get ripped apart by the circling vultures of the bigger clubs - Man Utd will swoop for their keeper Vorm, Arsenal will probably come back for Dyer, Rogers will end up managing Spurs if Redknapp goes and the dream will evaporate as Swansea drop down the table and back into The Championship as a result. If only we had some kind of draft system like the Americans do where the best players go to the worst performing clubs, or at least something to put clubs on a more even footing as far as holding onto their talent goes.

Swansea are showing the 'lesser teams' in the Premier League that you don't have to kick the leather off the ball to be successful.

I hope Gus Poyet is given the patience and money at Brighton to emulate what we've managed to do in Wales. I've no doubt it will happen if he gets the support as he is a class manager in the same mould as Brendan Rogers.

It's taken us 4 or 5 seasons to get it right, with a lot of ups and downs on the way, but it's well worth the ride.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Swansea are showing the 'lesser teams' in the Premier League that you don't have to kick the leather off the ball to be successful.

I hope Gus Poyet is given the patience and money at Brighton to emulate what we've managed to do in Wales. I've no doubt it will happen if he gets the support as he is a class manager in the same mould as Brendan Rogers.

It's taken us 4 or 5 seasons to get it right, with a lot of ups and downs on the way, but it's well worth the ride.
Its been an amazing transformation at Swansea, building the Liberty Stadium seems to have been at the heart of it. I hope the Amex has the same effect on us.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
wilshere, arteta, gervinho, sagna, vermaelen, santos all missing. fair play to swans though they do play great football!

No real excuse, all teams have injury problems this time of year. Arsenal are a shadow of where they normally are and without RvP, they'd be lucky to be in the top 8. The more I see of walcott the more disappointed I get in him, he has pace but not a lot of anything else.

D

Deleted member 18477

No real excuse, all teams have injury problems this time of year. Arsenal are a shadow of where they normally are and without RvP, they'd be lucky to be in the top 8. The more I see of walcott the more disappointed I get in him, he has pace but not a lot of anything else.

no i agree. no excuses at all for the arse. take a look at this. wengers judgement has got considerably worse in terms of buying/making winners!

arsenal teams of the past;

1998 (double) seaman, dixon, adams, bould/keown, winterburn, parlour, vieira, petit, overmars, bergkamp, anelka/wright
2002 (double) seaman, lauren, adams/keown, campbell, a.cole, ljungberg/wiltord, parlour, vieira, pires, bergkamp, henry
2004 (invincibles) lehmann, lauren, toure, campbell, a.cole, ljungberg, vieira, gilberto, pires, bergkamp, henry
2011 (2-1 v barca win) szczesny, eboue, koscielny, djourou, clichy, song, fabregas, wilshere, nasri, walcott/arshavin, van persie
2012 (3-2 v swansea loss) szczesny, mertasacker, koscielny, djourou, miquel, song, ramsey, benayoun, walcott, arshavin, van persie

2012? just an average team! and without RVP a very average team!

Jul 20, 2003
Windger can't put this down to his delicate flowers being kicked off the pitch by Bolton/Stoke bullies

Dandyman

In London village.
Nice to see St. Thierry slagging off his own supporters, as well. It's going to be interesting to see what excuses the Arse loving media come up with for yet another year of failure from the Woolwich twats.

kjgood

I went to the game yesterday as a guest in the boardroom of someone at the club (Swansea). Although a total neutral as to the result, I was really impressed with the football that Swansea played, and saw it as an 'up market' version of what Gus is trying to achieve.

Swansea are trying to work a deal for Bridcutt as they see him as the replacement for Britton, they are expecting offers for Vorm, Man Utd was being talked about, already posted we have enquired about Orlandi, and I heard Lewis Dunks name mentioned as a potential target when the people I was talking to heard whom I supported.

Capello turned up unannounced which caused some ripples, especially with a former Swansea great, who shall remain un-named. All in all Swansea really deserved the win, Nathan Dyer being the difference in the first half and most of the second, and Danny Graham looked really sharp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here