Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sven

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good manager, but has been blessed with financial backing in his few previous jobs.

I think he did a good job for England. We are not as good as the players would like us to think.

Deductions

Banned
Aug 11, 2007
Good manager, but has been blessed with financial backing in his few previous jobs.

I think he did a good job for England. We are not as good as the players would like us to think.

Not as good? They're f*cking rubbish.

Look at our group ffs, we are struggling to qualify above teams like Russia, Croatia and Israel who are nowhere near the worlds elite.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
football has moved on,we have no given right against anyone,look at scotland for how the football scene has changed.Its the players over the past few years have let our nation down,not the manager.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Look at our group ffs, we are struggling to qualify above teams like Russia, Croatia and Israel who are nowhere near the worlds elite.

To be fair, four out of the final five games are home fixtures, so that certainly has some bearing on our current position. Good individuals, but not playing as a fluent team. 'f***ing rubbish' is a bit over the top.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm lets decide on Man City when its wet, cold and freezing.

Lets see if the alice band wearing pansies will be able to perform at Sunderland away in the pissing rain.

Or Bolton in the snow. Or indeed at home in the winter.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Hmm lets decide on Man City when its wet, cold and freezing.

Lets see if the alice band wearing pansies will be able to perform at Sunderland away in the pissing rain.

Or Bolton in the snow. Or indeed at home in the winter.

I'm sure they'll be able to cope. England isn't the only place that has bad winter weather!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good individuals, but not playing as a fluent team. 'f***ing rubbish' is a bit over the top.

Thats because unlike when they play for their clubs they haven't got 8 or 9 johnny foreigners playing in the team alongside them to make them look better.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield

But we have home games v Israel, Russia, Croatia and Estonia to come, 12 points and we should be in. Dont like McClaren much, but dont write the team off yet.

Managers these days play not to lose rather than to win.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
It's strange that when Sven was England manager everyone thought he was a prat. Now, I get the feeling that quite a few people would like him to succeed.

If he does OK, it may lift the cloud that was hanging over him when he left the England job. Perhaps it wasn't Sven's fault that 'the most talented group of players for a generation' didn't succeed. Could it just be that the players are overpaid, overated and not half as good as they think they are.

Time will tell, both for England and Sven.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sven = a good club manager with flaws. His main flaw was that he had no idea how to change things when the match was slipping away.

Good start at City (he can certainly spot good players), but I think there are signs of his piss-poor lack of ideas coming back to haunt him. They never truly got to grips with Derby last night, and if it wasn't for that run and finish of the highest quality from one of his youngsters, the game would have finished 0-0 against the firm favourites for relegation.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They've not played anyone yet, West H'aaaaaaaaaaaaa'm are a poor, poor side who will struggle and Derby are for all their hard work and endeavour not good enough for the Premiership.

I've had a pony on Man Utd to win the Manchester derby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here