Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sven you're pathetic. f*** off now.

I'm not one of the ones calling for his head... quite the opposite in fact, he's one of the best coaches in the world. But because David James has the goalkeeping abilities of a pig on stilts that makes Sven useless apparently.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
larus said:
Seems very strange this thread.

Some posters are saying we have no chance of winning anything as our players aren't the best in the world, yet in the same breath saying the Sven should go because we've lost 2 competitive games against Brazil & Potugal (or whatver the exact amount is). If we haven't got good playes, then he's done fantastically well.

Then other posters are saying we need to change Sven because we should be able to win things with this crop of players.

As for moivating the players. FFS, if you're playing for your country in the European/World Cup Finals, you should't need much motivation. I wouldn't.

None of us have a scooby what goes on in the dressing room. OK, last night was a friendly, but the team he put out in the second half was not that of choice. If you think it is then you are a muppet. He has to agree to limit the time on the pitch otherwise the big clubs get stroppy. It's money that has ruined the friendlies, that's all.

He may not come across as Mr Personality, but his record as England manager is very impressive. I will give him the benefit of doubt until the world cup.
Yes you may say you wouldn't need motivation,but you don't earn 100k a week???

motivation was way lacking last night,very lazy performance:drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy 10 said:
Just how long can a manager live on one result ?

Beyond death - see Sir Alf Ramsey 4 - 3

larus

berkshire seagull said:
Yes you may say you wouldn't need motivation,but you don't earn 100k a week???

motivation was way lacking last night,very lazy performance:drink:

Big difference between a friendly and the European/World Cup finals which is what I said if you had read my post.

Also, fo the friendly, most knew they wouldn't play the whole game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
larus said:
Big difference between a friendly and the European/World Cup finals which is what I said if you had read my post.

So? they should be proud to wear the England shirt no matter what the game

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
larus said:

It was a very important build up game to the wales game,so not playing the whole game means don't play well yeahhhh.

You tell the 4000 fans who went their that:glare:

views are views

???

larus

KinkyGoebels said:
So? they should be proud to wear the England shirt no matter what the game

Agreed, but my original point was that the players shouldn't need motivating in the big finals. I agree that playing or your country should be enough to motivate you at any time. Other postings were blaming Sven for his lack of motivation for the team, and I don't think that should be a problem.

Possibly, if you feel as though it's an 'easy' game, it may be more difficult to be really focused.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
larus said:
So who are you blaming, Sven or the players?
Sven is the manager,he is paid a lot of money to motivate the players,yes the players shouldn't need motivating most of the time,but they certainly lacked it last night.

Im just not a fan of sven,the man is past his sell by date:shootself

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
dwayne said:
yerrr ok Terry, Lampard and Cole are only just above average from your summary there??!!?? and that's why they are playing in the best club team in the country, I think I'll take the LI line here and state that if they're good enough for Mourinho they're good enough for me thanks.

Gerrard - blows hot and cold....sorry mate he blows hot much more than cold and Neville is one of England's most consistant performers!

Some of the crap here is worse than the dross that comes out when Albion lose a game. Face facts.....

Yesterday was a friendly

We are still unbeaten under Eriksson in qualifiers, which is VERY impressive

We were knocked out of the last 2 tournaments by Brazil and the hosts.

We DO have one of the best starting 11's in the world (probably 2nd behind Brazil)

The England job is almost the impossible job

I think you're glossing over the fact that we were f***ing awful in those games. I want us to get further than a poxy quarter final for f*** sake. If we can't bloody win it lets at least have a good crack & not go out with a whimper & a shrug of those Swedish shoulders.

f*** off Sven & take that f***ing drag queen with you!!! :angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If we get Brazil in the next World Cup we can always rely on the met for some deadly shooting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here