Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sven you're pathetic. f*** off now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
England won't win the World Cup because they don't have the best players in the world, FACT.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Our players have the skill but they're not hungry enough.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It was an awful performance on the whole, but I think on last night's efforts Beckham was the midfielder who tried harder than any of the others alongside him... I still don't think he should be dropped. Rooney looked good during the first half, but i reckon he was told to calm down for the second half as he faded rapidly...amazingly that was Rooney's first full 90 mins for England apparently.
Glen Johnson isn't good enough for any Premiership club, let alone Chelsea, let alone ENGLAND!

Bet Paul Robinson was glad he came off!

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
magoo said:
No but we have some of the best. And i think we have enough to win.

Not sure I agree

Robinson: Good club man, no more
Neville: Enough said
Terry: Stopper with no pace
Ferdinand: Daydreamer
Ashley Cole: Agreed, excellent player and good choice in totty.
Beckham: Playing on past glories
Gerrard: When he is good he is very very good, but blows hot and cold.
Lampard: Great goalscorer, but not a great midfield player
Joe Cole: Disappears as often as Paul Brooker used to.
Rooney: Fantastic
Owen: Can only play one way, on the counter attack. Can't dribble or hold the ball up.

England therefore have two 'great' players and a number who can be very good. There is no decent defensive midfield player such as Makelele/Vieirra/Oatway to protect the defence.

We are deluding ourselves about it all being the fault of the manager. Sven is as boring as Wenger, but Arsenal have not done too badly.

If you want a manager to throw teacups at players send for SOUNESS for England

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
El Presidente said:
If it's hungry you are after send for TANK, the KFC king:wave:

:D

It's why teams like Korea and Greece do well.

They want to win more.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
El Presidente said:
England won't win the World Cup because they don't have the best players in the world, FACT.
ditto and they think they are better than they are.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
El Presidente said:
Not sure I agree

Robinson: Good club man, no more
Neville: Enough said
Terry: Stopper with no pace
Ferdinand: Daydreamer
Ashley Cole: Agreed, excellent player and good choice in totty.
Beckham: Playing on past glories
Gerrard: When he is good he is very very good, but blows hot and cold.
Lampard: Great goalscorer, but not a great midfield player
Joe Cole: Disappears as often as Paul Brooker used to.
Rooney: Fantastic
Owen: Can only play one way, on the counter attack. Can't dribble or hold the ball up.

England therefore have two 'great' players and a number who can be very good. There is no decent defensive midfield player such as Makelele/Vieirra/Oatway to protect the defence.

We are deluding ourselves about it all being the fault of the manager. Sven is as boring as Wenger, but Arsenal have not done too badly.

If you want a manager to throw teacups at players send for SOUNESS for England

yerrr ok Terry, Lampard and Cole are only just above average from your summary there??!!?? and that's why they are playing in the best club team in the country, I think I'll take the LI line here and state that if they're good enough for Mourinho they're good enough for me thanks.

Gerrard - blows hot and cold....sorry mate he blows hot much more than cold and Neville is one of England's most consistant performers!

Some of the crap here is worse than the dross that comes out when Albion lose a game. Face facts.....

Yesterday was a friendly

We are still unbeaten under Eriksson in qualifiers, which is VERY impressive

We were knocked out of the last 2 tournaments by Brazil and the hosts.

We DO have one of the best starting 11's in the world (probably 2nd behind Brazil)

The England job is almost the impossible job

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
dwayne said:
yerrr ok Terry, Lampard and Cole are only just above average from your summary there??!!?? and that's why they are playing in the best club team in the country, I think I'll take the LI line here and state that if they're good enough for Mourinho they're good enough for me thanks.

Gerrard - blows hot and cold....sorry mate he blows hot much more than cold and Neville is one of England's most consistant performers!

Some of the crap here is worse than the dross that comes out when Albion lose a game. Face facts.....

Yesterday was a friendly

We DO have one of the best starting 11's in the world (probably 2nd behind Brazil)

What he said

In the words of the immortal Corporal Jones - "Don't panic"

:thumbsup:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
dwayne said:

Yesterday was a friendly

Yep! Now everyone shut up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hopefully last night proved that Calamaty James is not an international keeper, would much prefer Robinson.
Why didn't he keep defoe on seeing as he is likely to be playing Wales.
We again looked clueless when things start turning against us, this is a problem which ever since I have known rears it's head at crucial times.
Yes we have the players who could potentially win the world cup. Im sure Spain have been saying this for years

Need to get back on track in the qualifiers and not even think of the World cup as we are far from there at the moment

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Icy Gull said:
Maybe the Keeganesque attacking mentality hadn't quite been snuffed out in those early days.

Decent performances can be counted on the fingers of one hand since that dour defensive tosser took over.

Please say you don't want Keegan back.... quite possibly the worst England manager ever.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Beckham had a quality game last night, worked his little socks off.

In the first half of the Denmark game we looked pretty decent considering it was the first match they've played together for quite a while and we should have had two penalties and the Rooney goal should have been allowed. I reckon if the first half team had stayed out then we would have won that game. The first mistake was bringing James on, it really is time for him to call it a day, why not use Kirkland and Green? The second was bringing that GOON Glen Johnson on. Seriously, why does he get in the squad? I also believe that nobody was really up or it, they have just played the first game of the season and have to play again this weekend, I wouldn't have been trying. The only player on the pitch that wanted to perform last night for 90 minutes was Wayne Rooney.

In the end, fully fit, we would have won that game.

No way is it time to panic, that team is good enough to win the world cup, they just need to click again.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh and Easy, for a man who doesn't care about friendlies you seem to get awful pissed off when we play badly in them.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I knew this thread would be on here, I knew Easy would be calling for Sven's head, all that is due is Marshy to come on and tell us why Sven should go.

Ok, we lost 4-1, not a good result, actually a shite result, however it was in a friendly and best get these blips out of the system in friendlies. After all last night was a friendly it counted for nothing. The Albion lost pre-season friendlies heavily to Oxford and Colchester and then first competitive game got a draw at Derby.

Regarding the game. Well when the first team played in the first half we were the better team and if the ref knew the rules we would have been 1-0 up at half time.

The second half changes were made and we fell apart. Not good, but at least it proved that James should not be in that squad. Hopefully if Kirkland can stay fit we should get some competition for Robinson. If not we should be doing everything possible to get Martyn back in there, he is still the best English keeper around. The game also showed that Glen Johnson is not good enough, but he cannot get a game for Chelsea. I thought at least Hargreaves played with some urgency, NMH, how can you say he is shit when all he gets is 20 minutes here and there. If he is good enough to win the European Cup there must be something about him.

If Sven goes, well we have had this one before. Allardyce would be akin to putting Taylor or Keegan in charge. He is a good at shouting, but not much else. No knowledge of the International game and for the moment (a couple of weeks) zero knowledge of playing international football. McLaren, well he is a good coach. Even with all the Smoggies money he can only get them to scrap a UEFA Cup spot and nearly got pipped by those footballing powerhouses of Man City (who had 7 months hinderance from Keegan to contend with) and Spurs. Whoever said Bryan Robson, yeah he did great with the Baggies last season, but his record at Boro was laughable, spent a fortune and got them relegated and oh he took Bradford down again.

At the end of the day we will qualify for this World Cup and with a bit of fortune along the way, we could well win it. This is the best group of players since 1970, Sven has brought some consistency to the selection opposed to the scatter gun nature of some of predecessors and that has created some togetherness in there. If he can sort the keeper issues out that will be a big factor.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Please say you don't want Keegan back.... quite possibly the worst England manager ever.

Absolutely not, just making the point that maybe we hadn't forgotten how to attack in Sven's early days when we went at Germany. We appear to be getting as naive as Keegan's teams at the back without any of the attacking mentality now though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dwayne said:

Yesterday was a friendly

The ginger black fella is right on the button, IMO. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here