Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sven you're pathetic. f*** off now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England World Cup Dream already over?

Basically, I think England's chances are f***ed and here's why:

1. Sven unispirational, tactically inept, too "in" with the players.
2. Beckham as captain uninspirational, losing his form steadily.
3. Left-side of midfield still not sorted.
4. Too many players with a "couldn't give a f***" attitude.
5. 1st XI set in stone, fringe players not given a proper chance, i.e. Defoe, Smith, Carrick, Jenas, Wright-Phillips, King, Bridge, Downing.
6. Too many passengers who are Sven's boys - Phil Neville, Hargreaves, Upson.

Sure, we'll get through the group stage and qualify, maybe get through Phase 1 of the World Cup, but I believe a combination of the above 6 factors will be too much to overcome.

The answer to the above 6 points?

1. Sack Sven, put McLaren in charge.
2. Drop Beckham from team, put Gerrard in charge.
3. Play Downing, McLaren will get the best out of him.
4. Combination of 1 and 2 will buck the teams ideas up.
5. Play SWP on right in Beckham's place, maybe try changing tactics in friendlies - 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.
6. Drop the defensive-minded dross altogether.

Can't see it happening, might have a bet on England going out in Quarter-Finals again as nothing's changed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"yes errr..of course I'm, errr, disappointed"
"yes, I was angry at the second half display"
"We could not do anything. We could not pass. We could not defend".

£5m a year is it Sven ? Never mind then eh ?

I guess this passes as a Sven ROASTING, of sorts. As per usual, England once again put in a completely limp second half effort (an Eriksson trademark in pretty much every game whether it matters or not), and the swedish slaphead mumbles his way though yet another banal load of soundbites and manages to say precisely f*** all in the process.

The sooner this fucktard goes, the better. I suppose those who are taken in by the supposed "genius" of this fella will come out with the "its only a friendly" shite. Well its only a friendly for BOTH teams, and we were just raped by one of the most average teams in Europe. f*** me, they've got Jon Dahl Tomasson and Jonathan Johansson up front for christs sake, and they made us look like mugs.

Sven and his monkey Tord Grip are stifling the best crop of England players in living memory. They MUST be ousted before the World Cup, or we will (once again) capitulate as soon as we meet a team with any semblence of quality about them.

This is not knee-jerk from tonights debacle. I've given him the benefit even after that pathetic effort against 10 man Brazil. Portugal was the last straw for me though. We will NEVER achieve anything under Eriksson. Quarter finals is the best we can hope for under this fella - and with this squad, that is feckin criminal.

Get Allardyce in.

Now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I agree wholeheartedly Easy*, unfortunately we won't be rid of him until we exit the World Cup with one of our best chances to win in a long long time wasted. :(

*Except about Allardyce.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're almost on the same wavelength Pav.
I wouldn't want McLaren in charge though. Good coach, but he's not convinced me as a manager yet.

Allardyce should be summoned to Soho Square TOMORROW and given the job. Here is a pragmatic manager who can somehow get that extra 20% out of players which is so vital. He won't pick injured players. He won't blindly rely on his "favourites". He won't be concerned about keeping everyone happy all the bloody time. He's a MANAGER, not an AMBASSADOR.

I truley dispair of Sven. He wouldn't say boo to a goose, and would not know a teamtalk if it brutally raped him from behind. The bloke looks and speaks like an accountant for christs sake. England players are well and truley in the comfort zone with this bloke, and until we get someone in that dressing room who's prepared to kick some f***ing arses, we are going to achieve precisely f***. all.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wouldn't want Allardyce or McLaren. Allardyce doesn't have the tactical nous imo, and like Easy I'm not entirely convinced about McLaren.

Since there is no chance of Sven leaving before the next World Cup, my tip for manager is Bryan Robson if WBA have a good season which I think they will.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Indeed Easy.

Obviously any England fan will feel gutted after tonight, but this performance is not a one-off, we've seen tripe served up like this for years.

There aren't too many decent manager candidates now, in the league of, say, Mourinho, Wenger, Rijkaard, but I don't think we need anyone that special to make this squad into a team of worldbeaters. McLaren or Allardyce would be a vast improvement on Sven.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying we necessarily have to have an ENGLISH manager in charge. I have no problem with the fact that Sven is a foreigner.

I have a problem with the fact that he's a fucktard. And he's going to f*** my summer up next year. I just KNOW it.

Agreed with much of this. McClaren could well make a good manager for England.
Hoddle could be given another crack at it.

Robson, no thanks. Not until he has done more than survive the drop once.

Hargreaves was picked just to make sure he didn't play for Germany, just in case he turned out to be great.....which he didn't.
He's shite. Not terrible awful shite, just the shade of shite that shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad.

"we should be beating sides like Denmark"? Actually, we'll soon be saying the same about some other pretenders - but I fear we'll be hearing "we should be beating sides like England" from them!

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: England World Cup Dream already over?

Pavilionaire said:
2. Drop Beckham from team
you what? at times is the only one out there to actually put any effort into the games. there are a lot of other players in the england squad who put far less effort into their game so disagree there entirely.

can also see where you're coming from with the others a little to harsh i think after one lousy performance. some of the qualifying games already played have been encouraging.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I've been moaning about the useless tosser for years, glad others feel the same, i usually get told to shut up!!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Couldn't believe the score when I heard it.

Still remember how I felt after the defeat by Brazil in Japan; I said then & I still believe now, we will get nowhere under this useless, clueless, pointless, boring, inept twat.

Please f*** off back to Italy with your idea of tacticts; bore them rigid & maybe win Serie A.

Can you possibly imagine what it would be like just to get to the World Cup final? What about winning it?

It will never happen with this excuse for a manager in charge.

Errikson, please just f*** OFF!!!!!!!!

:salute:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Such a useless to$$er, we all thought that when we beat Germany 5 - 1 as well.

Perhaps the leson from this game is drop James and play Robinson from now on.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:

Robinson is unlikely to get a game for England until McGhee starts playing him for the Albion for a full 90 minutes, so McGoo must go too:jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beach Hut said:

Maybe the Keeganesque attacking mentality hadn't quite been snuffed out in those early days.

Decent performances can be counted on the fingers of one hand since that dour defensive tosser took over.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I honestly believe the players we have in the team as it stands can win a world cup. I don't think you can question their desire to win. It just needs different leadership as you say.

I think dropping Beckham altogether would be a mistake. Perhaps put him in the middle instead of the wing.

But one thing certainly needs to change. Yes, Sven has a great track record with England but so could any manager with this set of players. It just needs someone else now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here