Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How Sad. RIP

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is extremely sad news. One of the best England managers we have had in my generation.

I saw him on tv at anfield and he looked dreadful but he achieved a long held ambition to manage Liverpool

Bless him.

RIP Sven.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My first England away match was the 5-1 in Munich thanks for the great memories of that night
RIP Sven
That's the match that sticks out in my memory of Sven. RIP

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
One of my greatest memories in football will always be having been in the stadium for the 1-5 in Munich.

To put it into context, England were dire in the last game at the old Wembley with Keegan resigning after the Germany defeat.

Sven came in, got the respect of the players, turned it around and got us to WC2002 in Japan automatically.

Having come through the Group of Death with Beckham's redemption against Argentina in Sapporo, we went out to an excellent Brazil side in the QF.

Yes, much has been made of the inflexibility of the system that didn't allow Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard to play in the same side.

But regardless, I'll think he'll still be remembered well and greatly appreciated.

And for England fans of a certain age, we'll always have Munich.

Thank you, Sven.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Oh that's sad. Like others that 5-1 tonking if Zee Germans stands out in my mind.

A nice bloke. Probably a bit too nice to make it to the very top and stay there in the cut and thrust of the football world imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here