Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sutton United Ladies put their head above the parapet

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I have a few words/phrases I would ban from modern discourse.

1) Discourse
2) Solidarity
3) Narrative
4) Main Stream Media / Legacy Media
5) Thatcher
6) Fascist
7) Communist
8) CIS
9) Diversity
10) Far (anything)

In fact I'd make it the law, but let's call it the rules.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Gents (and Ladies) reading some of the responses are we not allowed to have a debate now? (How long before Sir Keir shuts down NSC, after he’s banned fags in beer gardens? 😂)

It came up on my feed this morning, and many on here know boxing is also another sport I love and what went on in Paris was not only farcical but relevant to this subject.

Aside from their brief dalliance with the EFL, Sutton United are one of the most respected non league football clubs in the country, so for this issue to arrive at their door, it clearly will have people talking about (if we’re allowed to 🤷‍♂️)
You wait till Austerity 2 kicks in, i might have to withdraw my contributions 😉

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Still waiting for someone to justify and explain why it only affects womens sport? Can one of the apologists explain why mens sport isnt affected by trans athletes. I mean they have all the hormone replacement therapy and treatments and presumably the advantages of now being men, surely they'd want to test their new found manhood on the sporting stage?
As mentioned earlier, my trans son is perfectly happy playing in male sport. No-one has complained. There's another trans male in the same rugby team - it is the Brighton LGBT team after all (no Ls in it though)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
As mentioned earlier, my trans son is perfectly happy playing in male sport. No-one has complained. There's another trans male in the same rugby team - it is the Brighton LGBT team after all (no Ls in it though)
There is nothing contentious about trans males taking part in male sport as they have no physical advantage having not gone through male puberty, which is why it doesn't get discussed. The only potential issue is one of safety, but I'm sure your son is well aware of that, comfortable with it, and brave to take part anyway.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Its not uncommon to see mixed boys and girls football teams and other sports at kids levels nor trans males competing at such levels and at the lower end of the sporting scale albeit quite rare, the fact remains however that its an issue that solely affects womens sport at higher levels. Show me a trans male Olympic Athlete for instance or playing football in a mens team at the same level as Sutton Utds ladies team, you wont be able to because they simply don't exist.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Any person who takes drugs to make himself or herself stronger is banned from professional sport at least, and quite possibly from amateur sport as well. Therefore a trans man would not be allowed to play women's sport under the drugs rules, whatever he, she or they would like.
There are some drugs that are banned for most athletes, but not for those with a medical reason to use them.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
There are some drugs that are banned for most athletes, but not for those with a medical reason to use them.
True, but those drugs don't include drugs specifically designed to make a woman's body more like a man's. Opening that particular door would clearly encourage women to take performance enhancing drugs while only pretending to be a trans man.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
True, but those drugs don't include drugs specifically designed to make a woman's body more like a man's. Opening that particular door would clearly encourage women to take performance enhancing drugs while only pretending to be a trans man.
Are you suggesting that someone would go through the process of transitioning just to gain an advantage in sport?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I have a few words/phrases I would ban from modern discourse.

1) Discourse
2) Solidarity
3) Narrative
4) Main Stream Media / Legacy Media
5) Thatcher
6) Fascist
7) Communist
8) CIS
9) Diversity
10) Far (anything)

In fact I'd make it the law, but let's call it the rules.
Too right. Any comparisons with Nazi Germany should also be banned.

Unless there is a demonstrable comparison with nazi Germany

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are you suggesting that someone would go through the process of transitioning just to gain an advantage in sport?
Especially one that plays at the same level as Haywards Heath women’s …

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
No, I am saying that someone would pretend to be transitioning in order to legally take performance enhancing drugs.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No, I am saying that someone would pretend to be transitioning in order to legally take performance enhancing drugs.
Right, slightly less insane I suppose.

Which performance enhancing drugs are you suggesting someone would make this move to take?

Do you have an example of this happening or is it a hypothetical accusation?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
That surely depends on the process. Australia has recently amended legislation so that sex markers on birth certificates and passports can be changed based on a letter from a friend: no medical report, no surgery. I think Spain has something similar. This change will become more widespread with greater acceptance.

Admittedly some bodies like the FA require hormone treatment, interestingly to reduce testosterone to the maximum level of females. Why can't female footballers dose up to the maximum to level it out?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Right, slightly less insane I suppose.

Which performance enhancing drugs are you suggesting someone would make this move to take?

Do you have an example of this happening or is it a hypothetical accusation?
It was hypothetically suggested by baldeagle, whether seriously or by 'reductio ad absurdum', that trans men could play in women's sport. I was explaining why it couldn't happen. I have no idea why anyone would think that insane.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That surely depends on the process. Australia has recently amended legislation so that sex markers on birth certificates and passports can be changed based on a letter from a friend: no medical report, no surgery. I think Spain has something similar. This change will become more widespread with greater acceptance.

Admittedly some bodies like the FA require hormone treatment, interestingly to reduce testosterone to the maximum level of females. Why can't female footballers dose up to the maximum to level it out?
I suppose the can, but would they? I assume there are some side effects from taking testosterone supliments. My guess is this will stay a hypothetical idea.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It was hypothetically suggested by baldeagle, whether seriously or by 'reductio ad absurdum', that trans men could play in women's sport. I was explaining why it couldn't happen. I have no idea why anyone would think that insane.
My worry is that you don't think that someone pretending to transition in order to take testosterone or oestrogen supliments is insane.

Thankfully I am going to assume that this notion will stay hypothetical and not worry about it until someone is daft enough to actually try it.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
My worry is that you don't think that someone pretending to transition in order to take testosterone or oestrogen supliments is insane.

Thankfully I am going to assume that this notion will stay hypothetical and not worry about it until someone is daft enough to actually try it.
Doping in athletics - there are plenty of examples of athletes on this list who were willing to take testosterone.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Slightly off topic - but then serious debate stopped here around about page 2 as predicted - but do you have a mate in Leeds by any chance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here