Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex's batting line up

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Agreed. Where is Prior and Joyce.

I know about Prior (forget him England always will be resting him) but what about Joyce. He was on Cricket AM last week talking about when he captained Middlesex to T20 to victory in 2008? maybe 2009?

Shirely he has got to be a better bet than Ben Brown?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Last night was the poorest Sussex batting line-up I have ever seen.

I take it you never had the "pleasure" of watching the likes of Rajesh Rao, Toby Pierce or Keith Greenfield playing for us? In the 1997 County Championship we finished bottom, only Durham (who at the time were considered a bit of a joke team) gained fewer batting points than us, and just two players averaged over 30 for the season. We lost to Worcestershire by an innings at Arundel that season, Worcestershire made a massive 255 runs in their only innings.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I know about Prior (forget him England always will be resting him) but what about Joyce. He was on Cricket AM last week talking about when he captained Middlesex to T20 to victory in 2008? maybe 2009?

Shirely he has got to be a better bet than Ben Brown?

i noticed he played for the second XI in their t20 competition where sussex did well. I think Sussex are trying to push through a few youngsters which has been seen with lots of other counties. I would hope when it comes to the business end Joyce comes into the team.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
i noticed he played for the second XI in their t20 competition where sussex did well. I think Sussex are trying to push through a few youngsters which has been seen with lots of other counties. I would hope when it comes to the business end Joyce comes into the team.

I do agree with others though our batting line up seemed very short last night. Joyce could have gone in 3 I am sure pushing Brown out and Vincent (5) and Goodwin (4) down. That would seem a much better batting line up to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here