Sussex v Wancashire (2nd - 5th Aug)

Sussex 439 & 294/6 (73.0 ov)
Lancashire 342

Sussex lead by 391 runs with 4 wickets remaining

Stumps day 3

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What a lovely afternoon at the County Ground, definitely bat for 40/50 runs in the morning than send Jase & Yas out to bowl em over all guns blazing!

Nobody seems to have noticed that - as things stand - we've overtaken Lancashire at the top of the table.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And if Kent can bat all day, it'll be a draw at Canterbury.

Kent 1st Innings
285 all out (93.4 overs)

Hampshire 1st Innings
554 for 7 (145.3 overs)

Kent 2nd Innings
29 for 0 (12.0 overs)

Last edited:

larus

Lord Bracknell said:
Nobody seems to have noticed that - as things stand - we've overtaken Lancashire at the top of the table.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

'tis true LB. However, we need the win big time, so I cannot share your celebration. This time tomorrow though, things may be different.

Hope we don't bat too long tomorrow, and (if we do bat) we treat it like 20-20. No more than half an hour though, please.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The good news is Robbo is hopeful of Mushy taking some part with the ball today...

Providing we don't bat too long this morning I plan to go this afternoon.

:glare:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm getting down there from the start. I think we'll bat no longer than an hour, if that, and then it'll be just like a one dayer as we chase them all out.

I'm so pleased it coincides with a day I can get down there. I'm afraid it comfortably beats Rotherham away.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Barry Hazgon said:
I'm getting down there from the start. I think we'll bat no longer than an hour, if that, and then it'll be just like a one dayer as we chase them all out.

I'm so pleased it coincides with a day I can get down there. I'm afraid it comfortably beats Rotherham away.
Damn right it does... Half an hour is exactly what I was thinking on the way out yesterday, hopefully pile on 40/50 quick ones, which is very likely when you think we have Yasir & Wrighty at the crease with RMJ still to come, I doubt Mushy will bat because they will want him fresh from his injury and I doubt Lewry will bat either because they will want him steaming in all guns blazing, they'll either whack the ball for half an our or until they are 8 down I would guess.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Really wasn't expecting that but Sussex declared last night, Lancs in first thing this morning currently 7/0 from 5 overs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Trigger said:
Really wasn't expecting that but Sussex declared last night, Lancs in first thing this morning currently 7/0 from 5 overs.

This probably is due to us running out of time versus Kent not so long ago....good move really, it goves Lancs a sniff so they'll be positive I would think and hopefully we'll create a few chances because of it. Game on.:)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Also more chance of picking up some bowling points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here