Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Notts Pro 40

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
and to think Dwayne dropped an EASY c&B too

The Ashes Urn being there was a complete joke too, I hate the MCC even more. It was there, but you werent allowed to pick it up or even worse, taking photos of it was forbidden too. Its not like it was the original urn, it was the "3rd generation replica" whatever that meant.

To add insult to injury, you could PAY to stand behind a cardboard cut out of the squad celebrating, and put your face in the hole where Strauss's face should be

JOKE

I did get to put the lid of the Twenty20 trophy on my head like a hat though

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
and to think Dwayne dropped an EASY c&B too

The Ashes Urn being there was a complete joke too, I hate the MCC even more. It was there, but you werent allowed to pick it up or even worse, taking photos of it was forbidden too. Its not like it was the original urn, it was the "3rd generation replica" whatever that meant.

To add insult to injury, you could PAY to stand behind a cardboard cut out of the squad celebrating, and put your face in the hole where Strauss's face should be

JOKE

I did get to put the lid of the Twenty20 trophy on my head like a hat though

You were there? Where abouts were you?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Great win, first time I have seen a hat trick in the flesh.

The Ashes urn and not being able to take it's photo was a joke, especially as it was announced over the tannoy you could.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I f***ing hate the MCC, that woman was banging on about how the ashes were MCC's, and that in a few years we should worship the glass replica rather than the urn!

MCC are a f***ing joke.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Interesting to hear Chris Adams going on about what a big big club Surrey were and inferring thta Sussex were small. A bit like saying how massive Leeds United are (big ground fan base etc etc and how small say Hull are? Division 1 status , trophies won in the past 5 years plus current team capabilities would dictate that he is slightly wrong. I for one see Susex as having dragged English County cricket up by the bootlaces by being more professional, thorough in preparation, fitter, better academy etc etc
There is absolutely no guarantee that we will stay at the forefront of English cricket but equally there is no guarantee that Surrey or Middlesex or Yorkshire or Lancashire for that matter will enjoy anywhere near the success that we have over the past five years, in the next five years.
Especially if wage caps come in .......

Interesting debate all the same and Adams is OK in my overall book.....

TNBA

TTF

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Interesting to hear Chris Adams going on about what a big big club Surrey were and inferring thta Sussex were small. A bit like saying how massive Leeds United are (big ground fan base etc etc and how small say Hull are? Division 1 status , trophies won in the past 5 years plus current team capabilities would dictate that he is slightly wrong. I for one see Susex as having dragged English County cricket up by the bootlaces by being more professional, thorough in preparation, fitter, better academy etc etc
There is absolutely no guarantee that we will stay at the forefront of English cricket but equally there is no guarantee that Surrey or Middlesex or Yorkshire or Lancashire for that matter will enjoy anywhere near the success that we have over the past five years, in the next five years.
Especially if wage caps come in .......

Interesting debate all the same and Adams is OK in my overall book.....

TNBA

TTF

He did also say that we were the best one day side in the country (which we are).

Ian Ward also said that the fans were singing we have won nine trophies in nine years (two of which were 2nd division ones) but it is still 7 in 7 top flight trophies (and also a massive chance of the Pro 40)

Sussex owe Chris Adams so much, when he came in as skipper in the early-mid 90's we were rock bottom of the county championship and shocking at limited overs games. We were the worst side in county cricket period. His hard work (and of course others) has put us where we are now. He only stepped down as skipper last year.

It is due so much to him that we are the team of this decade, in future years they will talk about Sussex dominating the naughties (2000-2009), like Essex in the 80's. Thankyou Grizzly.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Whenever he's a pundit at a Sussex match, I get the feeling Chris still LOVES his Sussex.

And let's face it, off the pitch, Sussex is mickey mouse compared to Surrey, in terms of nearly everything - profile, marketing, organisation, shop, junior membership, facilities, pavilion, etc.

On the pitch, though, it's a different matter completely. And, for me, it's the contrast between on- and off- the pitch that shows how incredible the past decade has been.

(I'd also like to add, before I get flamed, I'd rather go to a match at Hove than the Oval any time, despite living ten minutes from the Oval).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Somerset playing Essex at Taunton tonight
Somerset 69/1 (9.3/40 ov)
Trescothick just gone for 42
Come on the slags!

May 22, 2008
Whenever he's a pundit at a Sussex match, I get the feeling Chris still LOVES his Sussex.

And let's face it, off the pitch, Sussex is mickey mouse compared to Surrey, in terms of nearly everything - profile, marketing, organisation, shop, junior membership, facilities, pavilion, etc.

On the pitch, though, it's a different matter completely. And, for me, it's the contrast between on- and off- the pitch that shows how incredible the past decade has been.

(I'd also like to add, before I get flamed, I'd rather go to a match at Hove than the Oval any time, despite living ten minutes from the Oval).

Adams was at the Bar at the team hotel after the 20/20 win like one of the lads! so i guess he still loves sussex. will he ever be back?

blues

Aug 11, 2009
funny how the way this match is going is like sussex's last night. Similar top order scoring and run rate and essex's second string bowler - phillips - is picking up wickets like voges did for notts. let's hope essex can bat better than them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here