Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** Sussex v Lancashire match thread*** No Ollie!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tom Haines looking like the real deal

40* from 53 balls, 6 fours

90-1 (24 overs, RR 3.75)

I was saying that he was the real deal a few years back. I've argued on here when the runs weren't coming that he had real ability. I don't always pick them but I saw Haines get not very many in a couple of innings but thought that he had something.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Haines seems to be able to score very easily, not necessarily boundaries, but also singles. Quite a prospect.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Haines has just scored his fifth 50, he converted three of the proceeding four into Centuries...

Sounds like he has enough about him to block it until Lunch and start again.

EDIT: which he has 110-1 and Lunch.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Haines has just scored his fifth 50, he converted three of the proceeding four into Centuries...

That stat is definitely not quite right, as only one of the three he's made this season have been converted to three figures.

He has reached at least 50 in the first innings, of all four Championship matches, which is a terrific effort:

Lancs 155
Glamorgan 87
Yorks 86
Lancs 50*

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That stat is definitely not quite right, as only one of the three he's made this season have been converted to three figures.

He has reached at least 50 in the first innings, of all four Championship matches, which is a terrific effort:

Lancs 155
Glamorgan 87
Yorks 86
Lancs 50*

Young left handed, attacking opener, scoring plenty of runs... Huge potential.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I can't believe they still haven't cleaned the bloody lens on the main camera... Still, grateful to be able to watch Sussex from home!

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Good to hear Kirtley going on the radio to justify the team selection. Even if you don't buy the explanation it's nice to hear the coaching staff justify their decisions.

Obviously easier to do when we've batted first and are 100/1, than when it's the other way around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here