Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Sharks v New South Wales Blues, Delhi, 11/10/2009

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In terms of visas, you don't have to book the hotel prior to getting your visa, you just have to mention the hotel that you are going to book.

You may want to consider getting a car and driver for the time you are there (you can't drive, full stop.) I think I pay £300 for 10 weekdays and for that, he'll wait for you wherever you call 24 hours a day if required. PM if you want details.

Obvioulsy you should visit Taj Mahal, maybe overnight in Agra or a very long day trip. There is plenty to see in New Delhi, if you are culturally persuaded...

Enjoy, and if I'm there, I may say hello. cheers

Re the Visa, I've done just that. On the form you fill in online, there's a compulsory box to fill in with a Delhi address, but it doesn't seem to matter if you put "to be confirmed". It still accepted mine.

One thing that interests me is: all the literature for the Taj Mahal says you get fully searched on the way in and can't take mobile phones or anything electrical. So do they have somewhere to leave bags with stuff like that in or is it a case of leaving all your valuables (I'm talking phones and electrical items) back at your hotel?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Wouldn't know about posh tickets! But if your driver is smart he'll park a mile or so from the stadium and you walk the rest, that's an experience on it's own, trust me....

If I'm there, I'll definitely go, bugger all else to do on your own in Delhi.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Re the Visa, I've done just that. On the form you fill in online, there's a compulsory box to fill in with a Delhi address, but it doesn't seem to matter if you put "to be confirmed". It still accepted mine.

One thing that interests me is: all the literature for the Taj Mahal says you get fully searched on the way in and can't take mobile phones or anything electrical. So do they have somewhere to leave bags with stuff like that in or is it a case of leaving all your valuables (I'm talking phones and electrical items) back at your hotel?

I would leave stuff at the hotel where possible, unless you have a driver for the day, then just leave them with him using a little of the international language of pointing to make sure he'll look after them. You can take cameras in, unless things have changed very recently, you may have seen 1 or 2 photos of the Taj knocking about.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So why is Collingwood playing for the Deccan Chargers(who he's never played for) and Prior can't play for us?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Fantastic result, will be signing up for the Eurosport player at £3.99 for the month. So I should not miss any action if I am away on the weekday game, cnot remember the times of games, hopefully out of working hours of they will show full highlights. Second best to being there.

Eurosport.se - totalbevakning av svensk och internationell sport - Video Eurosport

Has anyone else used it before if so does it stream okay

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sussex are going to be sponsored by this lot for the tournament

wisd-001.jpg

Nash and Goodwin will be happy I think

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
From Sussex board

Sussex lost by 5 wkts to a very strong Wayamba team who included six members of Sri Lanka's Champions Trophy squad.
In damp conditions Sussex made 88-8 from 20 overs (Yardy 35, RHB 14) and Wayamba made 89-5 from 14.5 overs in reply (RMJ 3-10).
Full report will be on the site later. No Wright or Dwayne Smith yet. neither will play tomorrow against Kolkatta Knight Riders.

Neither of a big hitters so can't be too disappointed, plus the Sri Lanka side sounds like it would have been strongish.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here