Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Sharks v New South Wales Blues, Delhi, 11/10/2009

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
For us bad fans who want to watch it on TV, does anyone know if Sky have the rights?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
For us bad fans who want to watch it on TV, does anyone know if Sky have the rights?

I have yet to find a definate answer to this but I think ESPN hold the rights to the IPL and may in turn have first dibs on this.

They have already said that they will show the games live in the Jim Parks bar at the county ground, however I will be working in Scotland and wanted to find a way of watching online.

It may be worth mailing Sussex ccc to see if they know yet.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Getting mine next week, have been told they recommend Hepatitis A, polio, diptheria, tetanus, typhoid & Japanese Encephalitis.

Not sure what the cost of these are, from your GP anyway, but Carrot Cruncher said he was told anything you can pass on to other people is usually free, other stuff (like diseases you catch from water parasites etc) you might have to pay for.

My Hep A was free, and the Hep B was £33.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
I had my first Hep B this morning free for me. Have to have another one next week and then one two weeks after that. The nurse said I didn't Jap encpywhasiname.

:( - I'll have a word when I go back for my next one on Thurs. They wanna charge me £33 each one (four in total).

So you've had/ are having the Hep jabs. Have they suggested any of the others? I've decided against Rabies, as I will never be too far from a major city and hospital care, and it doesn't prevent you getting it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
:( - I'll have a word when I go back for my next one on Thurs. They wanna charge me £33 each one (four in total).

So you've had/ are having the Hep jabs. Have they suggested any of the others? I've decided against Rabies, as I will never be too far from a major city and hospital care, and it doesn't prevent you getting it.

Maybe I will have to pay but she never mentioned it - she said I'd have to pay for Rabies if I wanted that (I said no - for the same reasons as yourself).
My diptheria, polio and tetanus are up to date so don't need them. The only other one I'm having is typhoid as well as Hep A and B.
She looked at a map of India on the computer, and it said you didn't need Malaria for Delhi.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hmmm, what a surprise!

Trescothick confirms Champions League trip

Cricinfo staff

September 7, 2009

Related Links

Marcus Trescothick will fly to India next month as part of Somerset's squad for the Champions League Twenty20 tournament, after appearing to have overcome his concerns about overseas travel that brought a premature end to his international career.

Trescothick was today named in Somerset's 15-man squad for the competition that gets underway on October 8, and he could even become the county's next captain, after Justin Langer revealed on Test Match Special on Sunday that he is unlikely to be returning to Taunton next season.

A Somerset press release confirmed that "ways are [being] sought to enable the former England opener to overcome the problems with travelling abroad to play cricket he has experienced as a result of his stress-related illness." According to a report in The Times, this could involve combining the trip around a family holiday, with the player commuting in and out of the UAE.

Last month, Trescothick declared that he did not want to be chosen for a one-off appearance for England in the Ashes decider at The Oval, having not played international cricket for three seasons following a high-profile battle with depression. His last overseas cricket tour was the 2006-07 Ashes, from which he flew home without playing a Test after breaking down during a warm-up match against New South Wales.

In April 2008 Trescothick pulled out of Somerset's pre-season tour to Dubai after the squad had already checked their bags in at Heathrow airport, and described in his 2008 autobiography, Coming Back to Me, how he had been "hunched up, sobbing, distraught" at the prospect of boarding the plane.

"I was in no physical, mental or earthly state to take it," he wrote, having just said farewell to his family. "Until the eve of our departure, I never seriously thought I would have a problem."

Trescothick is continuing to receive treatment for his condition, but with a £3.6 million prize at stake in the 16-day competition, Somerset are understandably keen to do all they can to make sure he is fit to take on the likes of Deccan Chargers and Trinidad & Tobago, the sides against whom Somerset have been drawn in the initial stages of the competition.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
NSW squad has just been annouced .
Michael Clarke has ruled himself out .

Clarke decides against Champions League | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

September 8, 2009

Michael Clarke has ruled himself out of the Champions League Twenty20 but New South Wales have still been able to name a squad with 10 international players. Simon Katich will captain the 15-man group, which features a world-class attack of Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Nathan Bracken, Doug Bollinger and Nathan Hauritz.

However, the absence of Clarke, who is likely to become Australia's permanent Twenty20 captain, will disappoint the Blues, who won Australia's domestic competition last summer. Clarke advised New South Wales of his unavailability due to his playing workload with the Australian team.

Brad Haddin was named but his selection is contingent on his recovery from surgery on his finger, and he could yet be replaced by the backup wicketkeeper Daniel Smith. The squad also includes Australia's Twenty20 opener David Warner, the Test opener Phillip Hughes and the young allrounder Moises Henriques, who has played one Twenty20 international.

"The New South Wales squad has an excellent mixture of international experience and talented youngsters," David Gilbert, the Cricket New South Wales chief executive, said. "I am very excited about our prospects going into a tournament that will showcase the New South Wales team on the world stage for the first time."

New South Wales begin their tournament with pool matches against South Africa's Eagles and also Sussex, the county side that boasts Luke Wright, Dwayne Smith and Ed Joyce. The other Australian team that qualified, Victoria, start off in a group with Delhi Daredevils and the Sri Lankan domestic champions Wayamba.

New South Wales squad Simon Katich (capt), David Warner, Phillip Hughes, Brad Haddin (wk), Steven Smith, Dominic Thornely, Ben Rohrer, Moises Henriques, Steve O'Keefe, Brett Lee, Nathan Hauritz, Aaron Bird, Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Doug Bollinger.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Maybe I will have to pay but she never mentioned it - she said I'd have to pay for Rabies if I wanted that (I said no - for the same reasons as yourself).
My diptheria, polio and tetanus are up to date so don't need them. The only other one I'm having is typhoid as well as Hep A and B.
She looked at a map of India on the computer, and it said you didn't need Malaria for Delhi.

Yeah, the nurse mentioned Typhoid to me, but I didn't get it. I'm not sure hat's going on with that, so I'll check on Thurs.

NSW look to have a few handy players in their squad. I doubt any of them will be able to cope with Smith though :ascarf:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
NSW's attack is virtually Australia's, Lee,Bracken, Clark & Hauritz.
Big test for Nasher & RHB

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Sussex mailed this out to me today;

We are not 100% sure who will get the televised rights to the Champions League. It does however look as though ESPN might be the station. Their sister channel broadcasts Cricket over there already so we think it will be them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Already have Hep B vaccination through work, so only need A I think, and the rest I'll decide on based on cost/likelihood of ending up a gibbering, lockjawed wreck.

Bloody surgery have just cancelled all mine for today, however, and switched them to next week. Which hopefully is still in time to take effect before OCtober.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I suppose to see the games, you'll have to sign up for a years subscription then? :down:

I do not know how ESPN are selling their wares, I hope like SKY they do a months deal. If I am around for any of the games, I will go and watch them at the ground as they will be showing them in the Jim Parks Bar, at £2.80 a pint or £1 odd for a cup of tea, I imagine it will be the cheaper option.

If I am away I may need to buy a subsciption and a sling box, may be cheaper to cancel my contracts and just go.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Hi, normally just a casually observer on here, but been to Delhi many times and taken in a couple of IPL games there... Put simply, it's a very very different experience to watching at Hove! You should be prepared for absolute chaos around the ground and old terrace style feet not touching the ground on the way in. And the rozzers waving big sticks at you. Great atmosphere, but don't expect any beer :-(

In terms of visas, you don't have to book the hotel prior to getting your visa, you just have to mention the hotel that you are going to book.

You may want to consider getting a car and driver for the time you are there (you can't drive, full stop.) I think I pay £300 for 10 weekdays and for that, he'll wait for you wherever you call 24 hours a day if required. PM if you want details.

Obvioulsy you should visit Taj Mahal, maybe overnight in Agra or a very long day trip. There is plenty to see in New Delhi, if you are culturally persuaded...

Enjoy, and if I'm there, I may say hello. cheers

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hi, normally just a casually observer on here, but been to Delhi many times and taken in a couple of IPL games there... Put simply, it's a very very different experience to watching at Hove! You should be prepared for absolute chaos around the ground and old terrace style feet not touching the ground on the way in. And the rozzers waving big sticks at you. Great atmosphere, but don't expect any beer :-(

In terms of visas, you don't have to book the hotel prior to getting your visa, you just have to mention the hotel that you are going to book.

You may want to consider getting a car and driver for the time you are there (you can't drive, full stop.) I think I pay £300 for 10 weekdays and for that, he'll wait for you wherever you call 24 hours a day if required. PM if you want details.

Obvioulsy you should visit Taj Mahal, maybe overnight in Agra or a very long day trip. There is plenty to see in New Delhi, if you are culturally persuaded...

Enjoy, and if I'm there, I may say hello. cheers

Can't you buy posh tickets so that you are not with the riff raff, and you get feed and watered in a Man U coprorate style decadance. Does your driver have to battle through the hords at the end to find you after an IPL game. Are you going to see any Sussex games, we will need all the support we can get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here