Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Senior Cup Final @ Eastbourne Boro on Monday

paul1960

Feb 26, 2007
Sussex
Both Loft and Rents could do well today as that is their level, reserve/ conference.

Dont think Loft is playing.

Rumoured squad: Sullivan, Fogden, Pearson, Cobbs, Rents,Chamberlain, Martot, Reid,McFaul, Dixon, Gatting,Winterton, Gargan,Skinner,Beda,Louis,Wills

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
I'm doing the same mate. Coming in from Haywards Heath. I think a bus from Eastbourne station is the best idea. But I've go no clue where I'm going!? :shrug:
Better to stay on the train at Eastbourne and get off 2 stops later at Pevensey and Westham only 10 minutes walk from there

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Just thought I'd check quickly...

Is anyone driving to this that could pass through Lindfield/Haywards Heath?

If there is anyone I would be willing to chuck in some petrol money for a lift :thumbsup:

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
There were some Crawley fans causing trouble behind their goal,too far away to see what was happening but at least one of them was ejected by the police.A few of their young idiot supporters,unable to hold their drink,were wandering around the ground trying to pick fights with Albion fans and the police!

Anyway, good win for Albions youngsters against a Crawley onslought in the second half,played out in lovely weather conditions,missed what the attendance was though,didn't seem as many there as previous years.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Crawley seemed to be out in force, and especially after the game there were loads of their youngsters gathered together outside the ground. You know the type...burberry clad, drunk, loud etc etc.

I overheard a guard on the train back having a go at one of the crawley fans, because he saw the very same "mod" vandalising a train on the way down earlier on in the day.

fred

Jan 12, 2008
just got back from the game . it was a ground out result in the end.1st half pretty even but second half the albion were put under a lot of pressure.the young defence were resolute though and held out.paul reid put in a good performance also martot,pearson and the capt. wes fogden who was awarded man of the match .well done lads a good note to finish on

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
crowd approx 650, the majority of which were oddballs - why do so many weirdos follow Crawley and Albion reserves?

Dixon and McFaul both poor. Fogdon played well but too lightweight, Martot ok, Reid played as if he knew if was his last game. Cobbs and person played well but we don't need any more centre backs.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Our keeper made two good saves, but nearly cocked it up by running about 40 yards from his line to miskick the ball.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Sullivan made a couple of really good saves, and almost accidently lobbed the opposing keeper with a LONG clearance!

Dixon was very poor, McFaul was better. Chamberlain's goal was excellent. Gargan came on for the entire second half, but was inneffective.

Looking back at it, Crawley deserved Extra time at the very least.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
my comments about Mc Faul were based on 2nd half, also disappointed with Gargan.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I thought gatting kept himself busy today. He was unlucky not get on the scoresheet with that lob that completely beat the keeper, but then BOUNCED over the goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here