Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex release Saqlain Mushtaq

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good point. He's only 30 isn't he, so it's fairly likely they were VERY young when he was at Surrey. Still, there MUST be a muslim school in London, so if he were to base himself in Surrey again surely he could still play for us?
Yeah, after all playing for Sussex isn't an all-year job. He could commute during the season. Doesn't Mr Butters live in Southampton?

Edit: Maybe he'll 'do an Adams' and change his mind.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am saddened by this as I thought Saqqy was quality when bowling in tandem with Mushy. I cannot help thinking that there is more to it than we are being told. Surely he would have known the position about schooing wen he signed. Things could not have changed that much in less than a year?
certainly seems a bit of a lame excuse for leaving given the likely availability of a suitable school within commuting distance and the outstandingly supportive culture at the club regarding his religion and exposure his kids could have to a role model such as Mushy... however, it must be something on his side rather than the club's as he had a contract for next year...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here