NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Hungry Monk, now closed but where I proposed to the future Mrs Jakarta back in 1995, in the midst of a snowstorm from memory!

One of my old haunts back in the day. Always had a great menu. Sad to hear it’s gone.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I have made a Jamie Oliver version which is chocolate with an orange in the middle; it’s absolutely amazing, especially at Christmas.

I've made a cake which is orange on the outside with nothing in the middle. It's a Trumpside-Down Cake.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surprised at the number of people on here who haven't heard of it. It was a favourite childhood food, a regular part of Sunday lunch.

I still make it occasionally but it's a heart attack on a plate so it's a once-a-year treat.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Looks and sounds grim. Seen it on pub menus but never given it much thought.

It is - my Mum used to make it. Then again she used to make brown bread ice cream - a combination that should never happen - which might give a clue as to her dessert skills !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Had it twice. Once amazing at a rather standard place, the other revolting at a very, very expensive place.

Banoffee on the other hand is so simple every bugger can do their twist on it and not mess it up too much. Unless they insist on an orio base that is!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Heard of it - Never eaten it. I knew it was a steamed pudding, but thought it was berries rather than lemon inside.

I used to quite like a steamed pudding.
I recall my grandma thought it would be a good idea for a family lunch to have steamed bacon pudding (delicious), followed by steamed treacle pudding (equally delicious).
You can have too much of a good thing though.

That was probably the last time I ate a steamed pudding, probably 30 + years ago now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fairly sure it was an answer on Pointless and that was the first time I had heard of it.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not my cup of tea at all but I’d give it a go if it was plonked in front of me. Especially by the sadly departed Lottie.

You and me both....:love:

1080full-lottie-bedlow.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here