Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex FANS Cup - thoughts?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Eastbourne Borough fans want a friendly and I know Hastings United FC has a fans team (they are playing Borough at The Pilot Field next week).

Horsham have one I think and Im sure Lewes, Worthing and Crawley could probably field one.

I had an idea about having a FRIENDLY and GOOD-SPIRITED Sussex Fans Cup.

Not enough free weekends and too much organisation for a league but Im sure we could find four teams willing to play a semi final etc and then a final (and try and get it at one of the club's grounds).

Might be a good way to raise some cash. Each side could pick a charity (Brighton - REMF etc).

I would be happy to organise it all and sort out the Brighton team.

Just wondering what other people thought about it?

ebfc1

Oct 12, 2008
Eastbourne
Eastbourne Borough fans want a friendly and I know Hastings United FC has a fans team (they are playing Borough at The Pilot Field next week).

Horsham have one I think and Im sure Lewes, Worthing and Crawley could probably field one.

I had an idea about having a FRIENDLY and GOOD-SPIRITED Sussex Fans Cup.

Not enough free weekends and too much organisation for a league but Im sure we could find four teams willing to play a semi final etc and then a final (and try and get it at one of the club's grounds).

Might be a good way to raise some cash. Each side could pick a charity (Brighton - REMF etc).

I would be happy to organise it all and sort out the Brighton team.

Just wondering what other people thought about it?

Great Idea !!

I can ask worthing, sure we'd be up for something, and we've got some fans match in the works atm with lewes also. Horhsam definetly have one, as do Eastbourne Town.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If you have enough teams why not start with a 5/6 aside tournament. That way you could have it in a league format on one day. More likely that other teams would be able to get a team together as well.

spacey

Jan 9, 2007
West Sussex
I might be able to organise a one day six or seven a side football competition in the summer.

In the past couple of years I have organised the Billingshurst Summer League which was a midweek 7-a-side League and organised one day football competitions at Loxwood.

If interested I might be able to speak to the Billingshurst FC and host a one day competition if the clubs are intersted.(facilities at Billingshurst are very good, good pitches, bar, car park, good changing rooms).

The competition will need to be affiliated by the SCFA

Could be the start of something, also I might be able get a team or two from the nomad website who also have a team.

I might be able to organise a one day six or seven a side football competition in the summer.

In the past couple of years I have organised the Billingshurst Summer League which was a midweek 7-a-side League and organised one day football competitions at Loxwood.

If interested I might be able to speak to the Billingshurst FC and host a one day competition if the clubs are intersted.(facilities at Billingshurst are very good, good pitches, bar, car park, good changing rooms).

The competition will need to be affiliated by the SCFA

Could be the start of something, also I might be able get a team or two from the nomad website who also have a team.

Worthing are definetly up for it, and our idea is along similar lines to spaceys, for a 5/6 a side tourney in one day (the later may bank holi was suggested) and was spoken about between fans and the club in pre-season,so I'm sure Worthing FC would be happy to host, and having it all in one place on one day would bring a great atmosphere to the whole occasion.

Is a suggestion for one way to do it, but either way, Count Worthing in :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here