Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Derby next season?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Crawley have moved up to just one place outside the Conference Play Off Zone with back-to-back wins.

For me, the ONLY thing to look forward to WERE we relegated would be a PROPER derby match against Crawley.

I for one hope they get into the league. They won't take any fans from Brighton and it would be good for Sussex football to have two league clubs.

Fingers crossed it still has one in League 1 though...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It would be good if we stayed up (it is still very do-able) and Crawley got promoted. I would love an away trip to Crawley in the JPT!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Crawley have moved up to just one place outside the Conference Play Off Zone with back-to-back wins.

For me, the ONLY thing to look forward to WERE we relegated would be a PROPER derby match against Crawley.

I for one hope they get into the league. They won't take any fans from Brighton and it would be good for Sussex football to have two league clubs.

Fingers crossed it still has one in League 1 though...

I see you've been on the happy pills this morning :bla::bla:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nothing MOANY about this post.

I was actually look forward to a game with Crawley more than perhaps any game since we last played Palace.

Hopefully they will come up, we stay up and, as someone said above, we draw them in the JPT.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If Crawley are promoted, would this be the first time in Football League history that we see a second Sussex team? Anyone know?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Please god NO :rant:

No to what?

I would never want us to be in the same league as Crawley (wouldn't want to risk our status as the top club in Sussex), but I think it would be a good thing if Crawley got promoted. Sussex could do with another FL club.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No to what?

I would never want us to be in the same league as Crawley (wouldn't want to risk our status as the top club in Sussex), but I think it would be a good thing if Crawley got promoted. Sussex could do with another FL club.
I disagree on two counts: firstly it would NOT be good to see another FL club in Sussex. We get a lot of support from mid-Sussex and I don't want to lose any of that to another FL club.

Secondly if the day ever dawns that we have Crawley as our local rivals as opposed to Palace or Portsmouth I'll know that we are truly non-league.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I always thought it was the London Borough of Crawley anyway, they're not really in Sussex. After all, they're just down the road from the stuttering scum aren't they?

Dandyman

In London village.
I always thought it was the London Borough of Crawley anyway, they're not really in Sussex. After all, they're just down the road from the stuttering scum aren't they?

Fair point, well made.

Perhaps we could swop Crawley for Victoria Station or Borough Market?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Crawley have got a better ground than you.

About the same I would say, Eastbourne will probably invest more in theirs over the coming years. We obviously wanted to ground share at Broadfield but council would'nt let us, they had the problems when Palace defualted on the payments for reserve games I think and then they let Horsham down at the last minute. I don't think it has the capacity to hold all our fans for big games.

And how will the Broadfield and Sellhurst fare against the long awaited ground at Falmer. Tempory measures at Withdean in desperate times for our club, we have no ground with ittle and no income, makes you wonder what the orange man has done with your cash. Both Millwall and Charlton have invested in better stadiums from their league and cup runs.

Would be great to have lots of Sussex clubs doing well though, Crawley have the squad to do well like Aldershot. Would help if they were managed well and did not keep having points deducted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here