Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex County Football League.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
partly due to the ground sharing issue i believe, and it may have had something to do with alan pook believing it would be easier to get out of and into the ryman. clubs CAN get shifted around without having much say in the matter as well. for example, if burgess hill had have joined crowborough in getting relegated back into the county, and no teams had gone into the ryman, then there was a possibility that one of the surrey based clubs in the county league - either redhill or lingfield - would have been moved into the combined counties league

the ground grading issues are going to cause major problems soon, as the fa have decided that to play at the step in the pyramid that county one is currently at you HAVE to have a 150 seater stand at the very least - there are very few clubs currently that qualify for this, and as such half the league could end up being relegated regardless of league position

That clears up why I saw that Whitehawk had had some seats fitted in their big covered terrace :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That clears up why I saw that Whitehawk had had some seats fitted in their big covered terrace :thumbsup:

with the money they are chucking about down there, its pretty obvious their goal is ryman football in the next few years. i am pretty certain that work would be needed on the changing rooms as they are wank, and some pitch levelling may also be required as i doubt that MOUNTAIN would be accepted in the league above

good luck to them though - i just hope whoever is chucking about the money behind the scenes there realises just what a committment it is to bankroll a side at this level, and doesnt pull out when he realises and leave the club to fall down the leagues, ala saltdean

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
good luck to them though - i just hope whoever is chucking about the money behind the scenes there realises just what a committment it is to bankroll a side at this level, and doesnt pull out when he realises and leave the club to fall down the leagues, ala saltdean

And many, many others. Too many people think you can just chuck money at a side to get it up through the leagues. But you need a LOT of the right people doing stuff for nothing to make any sense of a local football team. Just like the bloke at Crowborough, Rye a few seasons ago and St Leonards a few seasons before that, someone chucks money at a club, goes up a league and then realises he's got to watch his bank balance go down like that for a good few years before they get to a level where anyone outside Sussex has even heard of them.

That said, I'd rather go and watch a County League game nowadays than regularly go to FL games, Albion included sadly.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Went to YM' v East Preston today. YM' won 3-1, dominated the game - deserved to win.

If they beat Worthing on Tuesday and Oakwood on Saturday, they will win the league. :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Went to YM' v East Preston today. YM' won 3-1, dominated the game - deserved to win.

If they beat Worthing on Tuesday and Oakwood on Saturday, they will win the league. :)

two very winable games against two sides who are already relegated

its theres to lose

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
two very winable games against two sides who are already relegated

its theres to lose

Including today, there last 3 games were against the bottom 3 teams.

, then there was a possibility that one of the surrey based clubs in the county league - either redhill or lingfield - would have been moved into the combined counties league

Thought I heard Dorking in the Co Lge results on SCR today, or is it only a 1st div club who could get shifted? Were Withdean 2000 the only Sussex club in the CCL? And BTW, congrats are due to Wimbledon for reaching national league status since leaving that league.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Thought I heard Dorking in the Co Lge results on SCR today, or is it only a 1st div club who could get shifted? Were Withdean 2000 the only Sussex club in the CCL? And BTW, congrats are due to Wimbledon for reaching national league status since leaving that league.

dorking are in division three, although i believe they won promotion from the west sussex league which is a feeder league into county three, which explains why they are in that as opposed to the combined counties

from memory, withdean 2000 are the only sussex club to have been in the combined counties, although burgess hill, three bridges and several other sussex based teams reserves sides play in the combined counties reserve league. horley are also in the ccl, and there has been talk in the past of them coming into the county league with redhill going the other way, but nothing has ever come of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here