Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex CCC v Warwickshire CCC (Official Thread)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wednesday 19 - Saturday 22 April 2006

Sussex CCC v Warwickshire CCC

Umpires: TBA

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sussex begin their Liverpool Victoria County Championship season against Warwickshire at Hove unable to call upon the services of Matt Prior.

The wicket-keeper/batsman is rested after his exertions during England’s tour of India.

However, Murray Goodwin, who missed the drawn pre-season friendly against Cardiff UCCE as he arrived in the country the day before the game started, will feature.

Heath Streak will fill the role of captain,
all-rounder and sole overseas player for Warwickshire.

The Zimbabwe skipper bears the burden of overseas duties until Daniel Vettori arrives from New Zealand’s tour of South Africa.

England spinner Ashley Giles continues his recovery from the hip problem which cut short his tour of Pakistan and prevented him travelling to India, while Ian Bell is rested after returning from the sub-continent on Sunday.

Alex Loudon, who made a century for MCC against Nottinghamshire in the season’s traditional curtain-raiser, is named in a 13-man squad.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wish i had my own official thread. Something run by overweight sky-apes in which i am heralded THE CHIEF by baboons and one ancient, solitary tern with asbestos wings and a dangerous beak.

Good luck the Sussex. I will be silently wishing you better.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Liverpool Victoria County Championship - Division One
Sussex v Warwickshire at Hove

Sussex
R R Montgomerie, C D Hopkinson, M H Yardy, M W Goodwin, C J Adams, (capt), R S C Martin-Jenkins, A J Hodd, (wkt), L J Wright, D J Spencer, Mushtaq Ahmed, J D Lewry,

Warwickshire
N V Knight, I J Westwood, I J L Trott, A G R Loudon, J O Troughton, M J Powell, D R Brown, F A Klokker, (wkt), H H Streak, (capt), N M Carter, J E Anyon,

Umpires: I J Gould, N J Llong

Toss: Sussex won the toss and decided to bat

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wot no RJK...??? :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: understandable really... apparently he is still at much reduced pace and having failed to trouble the taffy students i guess there is more work to do before he is lobbed the new conker again...

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani said:
Heath Streak will fill the role of captain, all-rounder and sole overseas player for Warwickshire.

The Zimbabwe skipper bears the burden of overseas duties until Daniel Vettori arrives from New Zealand’s tour of South Africa.
"Bears the burden of overseas duties"?

What burden is that?

What duties?

Is he expected to stand on the boundary, looking FOREIGN?

:lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Bloody hell we've got some bowlers this year haven't we... Must have one of the best attacks to choose from in the country... Wish we'd strengthened the batting just a touch though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lord Bracknell said:
"Bears the burden of overseas duties"?

What burden is that?

What duties?

Is he expected to stand on the boundary, looking FOREIGN?

:lolol:
I think it's do to with the new ICC regulations regarding overseas players... apparently they now have to provide a post match barbecue for both sides that (I quote) "reflects both the cuisine and culture of their country of origin"...

looking forward to Mushy and Rana's efforts...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
anyone else REALLY EXCITED....?!

a bit overcast in Eastbourne this morning - imagine it will do a bit early doors... fingers crossed for Monty and Hoppo

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Moshe Gariani said:
anyone else REALLY EXCITED....?!

a bit overcast in Eastbourne this morning - imagine it will do a bit early doors... fingers crossed for Monty and Hoppo
I've just trickled yes... The thought of that membership was far too big a turn on.

:blush:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I'm not sure about Hoppo opening to be honest though I do like Goodwin coming in at 4.
Hoppo is unproven... END OF

only positive thing to do is trust in Robbo's judgement (he did have some alternative options after all) and wish the Old Brightonian well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here