Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I suspect this is influenced by their no. 11 Archie Bailey being a 19year old who's never played a first class match before.

Which incidentally, makes the wicket he just took his first, so well done him. :clap2:
I am NEVER wrong on these things. Except when I am.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I suspect this is influenced by their no. 11 Archie Bailey being a 19year old who's never played a first class match before.

Which incidentally, makes the wicket he just took his first, so well done him. :clap2:
I wonder what the powers that be think about that. Just giving up possible runs because you're protecting a debutant? Seems slightly off at this level.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I wonder what the powers that be think about that. Just giving up possible runs because you're protecting a debutant? Seems slightly off at this level.
I think under Stokes England pretty regularly declared without bothering to get Anderson out to bat. I don't see it as being that unusual, there's all sorts of reasons you might not want to expose your number 11 to the bowling. It's not even clear that's the reason in this case, there could be something more tactical or more mundane behind it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here