Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I never mentioned upping the scoring when Simpson first came to the crease. That’s obviously ludicrous. You’ve either not read the whole post or forgot what happened today.

I’m critical of potentially throwing away a chance to get a better lead, by forcing an acceleration from the 103rd over today. I specifically mentioned 90 overs as an example to start scoring only slightly faster, when Simpson and Clark were well set (for about 30 overs).

It’s like choosing to sit on a bus for 2 hours before a 15 minute blast on a tube to cross London. At 90 overs as an example, a nice smooth taxi could’ve done the whole journey.

We saw a collapse of 4 wickets today for 25 runs. On the 103rd over Sussex had a lead of 170. By choosing to suddenly up the rate puts another collapse at greater risk, for the carrot of another batting point. If the plan was to always go for said point, why leave it so tight? If the plan was to protect the chance of only batting once, why risk that?

Alas, it was clearly timed to perfection and achieved an over before going off for bad light.
It was a struggle to read in all honesty.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Morning everyone (in Richie voice)

It's a lovely day at Hove with a wicket that is turning. Sussex may look to post a 400 lead and get amongst those Glamorgan wickets straight away. Jack Carson may be feeling the hand of opportunity, although the fast bowlers did well enough in the first innings.

It promises to be a splendid of cricket. Stay with us.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

It's a lovely day at Hove with a wicket that is turning. Sussex may look to post a 400 lead and get amongst those Glamorgan wickets straight away. Jack Carson may be feeling the hand of opportunity, although the fast bowlers did well enough in the first innings.

This is brilliant

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Quite a few showers in the vicinity of Leicester - hopefully Yorkshire will be held up.

Showers are moving NW to SE

yorky.PNG

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

It's a real shame that the overnight lead is just 1 short of 222

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bat for 90 minutes?
I think I'd bat them out the game. My thinking is go for 350-400 lead. Assuming we keep the wickets in tact. It was turning a lot yesterday. Sussex did well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here