Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hughes has signed for another year, hasn't he ? Top player at this level. I hope there are 20 wickets in that pitch. Hold on, they put us in ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I can't believe that Clark is being given yet another chance ... poor Oli Carter

I'm a bit pissed off this week. I was going to book a couple of days off work to watch this but, for the first time in my working life, a holiday request was refused

Slightly disappointing 37 in the first innings... but that is above his FC average of ~26

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Slightly disappointing 37 in the first innings... but that is above his FC average of ~26
On a good batting pitch against the county equivalent of the Dog and Duck 3rd XI?

37 is just about the same FC average as Carter - I wonder how much he'd have got

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Speaking of the batting pitch, this was it at tea just now.

20240829_160836.jpg

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Confused how it can be unfit after 60 overs
Allow me to elaborate as I was there well , after tea anyways. The Glos innings had been eventful but having seen a ball from Singh Dale rear up from a length and hit Keogh's hand the umpires had seen enough. It was the second Northants player retired hurt.

The players walked off, no announcements for 30 minutes...leaving us with the sight of just four of the groundsman staring intently at the hybrid pitch as if that would make things better. We all sat in the sun finished our drinks and went home...

Hybrid pitch...

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Allow me to elaborate as I was there well , after tea anyways. The Glos innings had been eventful but having seen a ball from Singh Dale rear up from a length and hit Keogh's hand the umpires had seen enough. It was the second Northants player retired hurt.

The players walked off, no announcements for 30 minutes...leaving us with the sight of just four of the groundsman staring intently at the hybrid pitch as if that would make things better. We all sat in the sun finished our drinks and went home...

Hybrid pitch...
Bit poor. Refund?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Hybrid pitch...
I've been married to cricket for 44 years, but I don't know what a hybrid pitch is ?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here