Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What's Adrian Harms on about; "Warwickshire have their noses just in front"? Warwickshire are well ahead. They're going win this with about 10 overs to spare

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
On iPhone at least, you can play the full version for free for 5 matches, after which you need to buy the full version (basically paying to unlock - you can continue your career save) which then becomes ad-free and no other micro transactions or pay to win elements. I think the 2022 version is around £3.99 if you decide you like it after the free trial, with the newer ones costing a little more.

2024 is the first true update in frankly a decade or more (year on year it has just been squad updates, plus tiny tweaks - no new commentary or animations etc) but 2024 has new graphics, new interface, new commentary and not the same Aggers clips they’ve been using since the late 90’s(!!!).

Give it a go for free, then buy if you enjoy. :)
I’ve played this game on and off for about 20 years and love it. Isn’t one of the main guys behind it a Sussex fan?

Anyway this year I took Sussex up first season - seamer friendly home pitch with our attack meant I won pretty much every home game. For some reason though I have generally found batting much harder in this version and my scores get lower and lower as the season goes on every season - can’t work it out at all.

Also find it very hard to accelerate in T20 and OD cup, every time I do, I lose a wicket so my one day record has been appalling. Are you finding the same or is it something I’m doing/not doing?! I’ve traditionally done very well at the game, finding this year a lot tougher than usual!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The last 6 runs IMHO were down to poor fielding, the last 4 should have been stopped and the same fielder mis fielded the last 2….but anyhow what a great game of cricket, great not to see Sussex heads drop and they nearly snatched an unlikely win.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seems this thread has missed the Ollie / Jofra contract extensions

Oh and Jofra is cleared to play in the QF

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkshire 78/2 today

Anyone having the commentary / YouTube feed on, Adrian is joined by former Yorkshire player Kevin Sharp who is telling some lovely stories.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
155/4 currently, missed the 4th wicket because I was in the bar.
If you saw the small crowd at Headingley for the Hundred and wondered where Yorkshire's cricket fans were I can tell you, they're all here. I was genuinely worried they'd tell me they'd sold out when I arrived at the gate.
1000033356.jpg

1000033358.jpg

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
155/4 currently, missed the 4th wicket because I was in the bar.
If you saw the small crowd at Headingley for the Hundred and wondered where Yorkshire's cricket fans were I can tell you, they're all here. I was genuinely worried they'd tell me they'd sold out when I arrived at the gate.
View attachment 186338

View attachment 186339
From the YouTube stream, it looks busy there but also that people seem to be having a lovely day out in the sunshine.

Hope you are enjoying the day #jealous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here