Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Going all high horse, it's a free stream and most who watch it give nowt to the club. It could be better (Middlesex is top notch) but beggars and choosers. Some even complained that there were advertisements. I think those people should be given free life memberships.......

As for our, Adrian. You leave him alone ! He's the cuddly, and occasionally confused, voice of Sussex cricket.
I'd be happy to pay a fee for better coverage

I appreciate not everyone would, I assume they have looked into it

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'd be happy to pay a fee for better coverage

I appreciate not everyone would, I assume they have looked into it
Believe it or not the coverage is far better than it has been in previous years. Once you introduce a fee expectations go up.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Going all high horse, it's a free stream and most who watch it give nowt to the club. It could be better (Middlesex is top notch) but beggars and choosers. Some even complained that there were advertisements. I think those people should be given free life memberships.......

As for our, Adrian. You leave him alone ! He's the cuddly, and occasionally confused, voice of Sussex cricket.
First part - you are right.

Second part - this seems to be a recurring theme - people make adverse comments about Adrian Harms and you leap to his defence. Yes he seems a nice bloke, and he manages to chat away all day with his co-commentators, which can't always be easy. But, assuming he is getting paid for this, he surely needs to have some understanding of the Laws of the game and the playing conditions of each competition. And improve his delivery (no pun intended).

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
First part - you are right.

Second part - this seems to be a recurring theme - people make adverse comments about Adrian Harms and you leap to his defence. Yes he seems a nice bloke, and he manages to chat away all day with his co-commentators, which can't always be easy. But, assuming he is getting paid for this, he surely needs to have some understanding of the Laws of the game and the playing conditions of each competition. And improve his delivery (no pun intended).
This. I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke but his commentary is dire

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Adrian has a charm and style to his commentary that’s to entertain beyond the game at hand. Yeah he gets things wrong, but most commentators do at times. To suggest he doesn’t know the rules of the game or competition rules is just nonsense.

He should certainly know more about the overseas roster. Hr should know the squad numbers by hand. He knows the general rules well enough to explain the match situation, that’s his job. Can everyone here really explain all the micro changes in this year’s 98 page ECB document in thorough detail?

Guest fans must really enjoy hearing “woooow what a shot that’s gone miles back. Wait. No! He’s out!” as much as we do.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Adrian has a charm and style to his commentary that’s to entertain beyond the game at hand. Yeah he gets things wrong, but most commentators do at times. To suggest he doesn’t know the rules of the game or competition rules is just nonsense.

He should certainly know more about the overseas roster. Hr should know the squad numbers by hand. He knows the general rules well enough to explain the match situation, that’s his job. Can everyone here really explain all the micro changes in this year’s 98 page ECB document in thorough detail?

Guest fans must really enjoy hearing “woooow what a shot that’s gone miles back. Wait. No! He’s out!” as much as we do.

When Sussex are batting I much prefer... "That's gone high in the air... he's going to be caught. Wait. No! It's 6!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here