Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

Jul 20, 2003
It's been very light rain 1/2 a mile up wind of the ground. Stopped for a bit now would hope they'll be back out soon.

Edit, they're back out

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Has anyone noticed how limited the Sussex merchandise range is ? I don't want anything with a silly shark fin on it. I want the badge.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
has anyone noticed how limited the Sussex merchandise range is ? I don't want anything with a silly shark fin on it. I want the badge.
Last time I looked they've still got the 1993 Sunday League retro shirt online avaliable though. Was tempted as it's a classic.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last time I looked they've still got the 1993 Sunday League retro shirt online avaliable though. Was tempted as it's a classic.
Ha, yes, I have that. I was among the first orders. I wish it had the Merrydown thing on it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ha, yes, I have that. I was among the first orders. I wish it had the Merrydown thing on it.
As Merrydown no longer exist, I guess that was an easy decision. I know what you mean though. Although they were in whites for the final, the '93 NatWest Trophy Final was my first trip ever to Lord's and despite the reuslt I just love all that Sussex team and that era to bits.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As Merrydown no longer exist, I guess that was an easy decision. I know what you mean though. Although they were in whites for the final, the '93 NatWest Trophy Final was my first trip ever to Lord's and despite the reuslt I just love all that Sussex team and that era to bits.
That's the only final I've been to is that. I remember Warwicks being 7/1 at tea. I wish I'd taken out the insurance bet at the ground.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That's the only final I've been to is that. I remember Warwicks being 7/1 at tea. I wish I'd taken out the insurance bet at the ground.
Asif Din. Highest ever first innings score in a one day final at Lord's by Sussex and he all but chased it down himself. 12 off the last over they needed? 2 off the last ball? Couldn't see anything other than Martin Speight running back in darkness and then a bunch of drunken Brummies running on the pitch.....

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
An interesting diversion to the keeper question. James Rew, the 19 year old Somerset keeper, hit a double century today. Currently averages over 50 after 16 first class matches. I wonder what his keeping is like. They breed 'em down there.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
An interesting diversion to the keeper question. James Rew, the 19 year old Somerset keeper, hit a double century today. Currently averages over 50 after 16 first class matches. I wonder what his keeping is like. They breed 'em down there.
Nailed on to be the next capped England batsman. This lad is the monkeys nuts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here