Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nice few hours in the sun but we were proper shite again. Very poor, ill-disciplined bowling with a ridiculous number of extras…….180 would have been a par total today against them and made a decent game of it - their bowling and fielding wasn’t all that But we gifted them way too many runs.

Shadab was awful in every respect. At one point Mills had a go at him for not running in the field.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Shadab was awful in every respect. At one point Mills had a go at him for not running in the field.
Unforgivable. I guess we had to choose from “the rest” when picking our overseas player.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Looking hard to justify the £30 to go and watch us in this competition.

The club must be worried what the gate receipts will be like for the upcoming games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nice few hours in the sun but we were proper shite again. Very poor, ill-disciplined bowling with a ridiculous number of extras…….180 would have been a par total today against them and made a decent game of it - their bowling and fielding wasn’t all that But we gifted them way too many runs.

Agree.
Absolute rubbish.
First game I’ve been to this season.
Fielding poor, bowling rubbish, batting Allsop and Burgess apart poor, Haines was a unlucky though….

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Unforgivable. I guess we had to choose from “the rest” when picking our overseas player.
If he carries on like this we'd be better off dropping him and playing Lenham who should benefit from the experience (unless morale is so bad it damages him). Hopefully it's just taking Shadab time to settle and he'll come good. We shouldn't write players off too quickly but the clock is ticking.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
If he carries on like this we'd be better off dropping him and playing Lenham who should benefit from the experience (unless morale is so bad it damages him). Hopefully it's just taking Shadab time to settle and he'll come good. We shouldn't write players off too quickly but the clock is ticking.
Absolutely, can't be the conditions surely. Waste of an overseas player, shame

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got home and there’s an email from Sussex requesting me to complete a survey about my day.
was I entertained? In the free text box I questioned the validity of charging to watch a team of village cricketers. We were awful, the dropped catch was numbing, the extras pathetic, the general fielding on a carpet of an outfield was truly shocking. Then when chasing a huge target we insisted on trotting the first run putting no pressure on the fielders.

Sunday afternoon in the sun and ground not even half full. Sussex you have a major problem

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But we've sold out against Surrey on Friday night, half of The Who are performing at Hove in August and Rob Andrew earns his six figure salary, so everything is fine.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But we've sold out against Surrey on Friday night, half of The Who are performing at Hove in August and Rob Andrew earns his six figure salary, so everything is fine.
The accounts make for good reading. Admin wages are higher than the squad wages, sounds odd to me. Yes as a county we survive from the money received from the ECB, much the same as others. We have though, been able to generate other funds through the new flats etc. Meanwhile we have such a poor playing squad.

As a club we have to compete with those that stage, unfairly IMO, the 100 and again the international grounds. To get bums on seats we need to have some chance in one of the competitions. Currently we don't. Reading the report there appears more of a concern in protecting the status quo than progressing the playing side.

I'm going Friday but only due to a large group of us going so more as a social evening than in hope of a competitive game breaking out.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

As an overseas player, he should come good straight away.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

New overseas bowler signed to replace Pujara for the next 4 Championship games.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
How on earth have they been allowed to charge £30 for a side so week?

I haven't quite recovered from the debacle of Sunday so won't be streaming later. At least forecast for Friday's drubbing looks excellent

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
On Sky again at Lord’s on Thursday if you’re still desperate for punishment

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
0/1 off 0.1

FML

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here