Deepest, darkest Sussex

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Taking Hudson-Prentice apart at the mo, going for 10 an over

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
It's great to see Sussex going so well at the moment, but I'm not happy that Steve Smith is getting batting practice on English wickets before an Ashes series.
Not sure he’s had as much as he would have hoped.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's great to see Sussex going so well at the moment, but I'm not happy that Steve Smith is getting batting practice on English wickets before an Ashes series.
Sussex have nearly scored 500 on this wicket, it’s clearly flat

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I don't disagree with this as such, but given his record in England I'm not sure it makes much difference.
India will probably have more to complain about if he scores runs in the WTC final.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
The sad truth is that is could entirely fund Sussex Cricket for many, many years... such is the discrepancy between the two sports.
Indeed. On a less serious note, Mr Boehly if you're reading this, James Coles has scored 138 points on his own today, in one match. And that was against a whole state, or county as we call it here, not just one city.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Shipping runs, our total has been caught & they still have 7 wickets in hand. If they post a 150 - 200 lead they will win, it's happened before, get them out cheap, post a decent score then it all goes tits up.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A 4th. wicket stand just 12 runs short of 300 is always going to cause a problem! The wicket seems to have quietened down since the first day, and when two quality batsmen have a good day .......... it is what it is.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This will probably be a draw.
I don’t think this is another example of Sussex having a crap attack - our attack is a lot stronger than a year ago. And if even Robinson is struggling to take wickets (in his brief spell) then you can be pretty sure it’s challenging bowling conditions.
Also, credit to Glamorgan‘s batsmen.
It is disappointing that we’ve dropped a few and Carter been erratic behind the steps.
Overall, Sussex finally heading in the right direction imo.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pretty much a waste of 4 days, I would have had the bowlers bowling underarm to Glamorgan once they had set 350 to win. Just piss taking batting on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The difference between the Glamorgan first and second inning total around 600 runs. Has to be some sort of record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here