Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Shame, if we’d got the tenth wicket for not much more, could we have asked them to follow-on anyway? Not sure what the required score is these days…
I just happened across this, and since I can't see that anybody responded, it's 150 run lead in a 4 day game, dropping to 100 if the whole of the first 2 days are lost.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I just happened across this, and since I can't see that anybody responded, it's 150 run lead in a 4 day game, dropping to 100 if the whole of the first 2 days are lost.
I knew about the 150, but the 100 is a new one to me.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Smith's arrived, hope he's been working on his bowling.

McAndrew to be 'rested' for the 3 games while he's here.

'has nothing to do with preparing for The Ashes'

EvmfU6EUYAEwobA.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Squad

Alsop, Carson, Carter (wk), Clark, Coles, Crocombe, Haines, Hudson-Prentice, Hunt, Karvelas, Orr, Pujara (c), Robinson, Smith

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
New contract for Karvelas, which is a bit odd considering he signed a contract in October.
Its actually not odd at all. It's a measure of what Mr Farbrace thinks of Ari. Sussex are doing a great job of signing up all the most important players to longer term contracts. Last week they announced Haines. This week it's Karvelas. Who next week?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Its actually not odd at all. It's a measure of what Mr Farbrace thinks of Ari. Sussex are doing a great job of signing up all the most important players to longer term contracts. Last week they announced Haines. This week it's Karvelas. Who next week?
With any luck Coles. I believe he’s only contracted til the end of the season. He‘s a class act with the bat, and a good back up to Carson.

Re Finn. Nice guy but he hasn’t taken wickets for years. If we are going for promotion, he shouldn’t be in the team anyway.

Re Karvelas. His contract has been extended by a year. Farbrace rates him.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
With any luck Coles. I believe he’s only contracted til the end of the season. He‘s a class act with the bat, and a good back up to Carson.

Re Finn. Nice guy but he hasn’t taken wickets for years. If we are going for promotion, he shouldn’t be in the team anyway.

Re Karvelas. His contract has been extended by a year. Farbrace rates him.
Good shout on Coles.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Come on Sussex, double centuries for Haines and Pujara, golden quack for Smith.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Worc 4/1, Pollock c Clarke b Robinson 4 in the first over.

Sussex won the toss and opted to field

Clarke
Orr
Alsop
Smith
Pujara
Coles
Carter
Hudson-Prentice
Robinson
Hunt
Crocombe