Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Word at the ground is that Chris Wright has pulled out of a move for next season due to family reasons
Yep. Confirmed by Farbrace

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
104/5. That last one was a very average decision from the umpire
The appeal turned down two balls prior looked a far better shout.

Having been critical of Hunt, I must admit to being quietly impressed today. Something about his run-up and physique reminds me of Jason Lewry - if he could develop that sort of consistency and those hooping in-swingers to the right handers, he could become a proper handful

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Real shame about Wright not joining us. We need at least three quality recruits for next season.

Also hope Danny Lamb provides the goods. The stats from his time at Lancashire are pretty ordinary

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Excellent win to round off the season. A young team on the up. In contrast Glous are an older team on the way down, who threw away a good chance to get a first CC win of the season.

New contract for Robinson confirmed today too. Considering England pay him a yearly salary on a central contract it’s great to get this sorted. In theory, he and Archer will feature in CC cricket next season as the schedule has a huge gap between the Indian series and July’s West Indies series. Season starts in early April and I believe there’s a 7 game block before any England commitments.

IPL is between March and May, but I highly doubt Robinson will be involved. Archer might, fitness permitting. Surely it’s in England’s best interest to get both playing CC matches before the July series though?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Excellent win to round off the season. A young team on the up. In contrast Glous are an older team on the way down, who threw away a good chance to get a first CC win of the season.

New contract for Robinson confirmed today too. Considering England pay him a yearly salary on a central contract it’s great to get this sorted. In theory, he and Archer will feature in CC cricket next season as the schedule has a huge gap between the Indian series and July’s West Indies series. Season starts in early April and I believe there’s a 7 game block before any England commitments.

IPL is between March and May, but I highly doubt Robinson will be involved. Archer might, fitness permitting. Surely it’s in England’s best interest to get both playing CC matches before the July series though?
Surely after injuring himself in the IPL this year Archer won't risk it again.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We won't see Archer again.

Either England or knackered or both.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A pity Middlesex couldn't beat Notts in Division 1 as that would have relegated Kent. That would have made the end of the season a little sweeter.

Jul 20, 2003
Saw that it was half price entry today so didn't bother. if it had been free I would have popped along and had a couple of pints to celebrate our glorious victory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here