Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I could have played the bowling attack they fielded against Glamorgan with a stick of rhubarb even in the corridor of uncertainty.

Very one paced, not very accurate, not very quick, very little movement, and extremely friendly.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sussex Cricket is delighted to announce the signing of Indian international, Jaydev Unadkat for the first three County Championship matches in September.

The left-arm seamer has taken 382 first-class wickets in 103 appearances, at an average of 22.5 and with best bowling figures of 8-39.

Jaydev will be available for selection for the games against Durham, Leicestershire and Derbyshire as Sussex look to secure promotion to the first division.

The experienced bowler has also represented India on 22 occasions and was recently part of the Test side that toured the West Indies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sussex Cricket is delighted to announce the signing of Indian international, Jaydev Unadkat for the first three County Championship matches in September.

The left-arm seamer has taken 382 first-class wickets in 103 appearances, at an average of 22.5 and with best bowling figures of 8-39.

Jaydev will be available for selection for the games against Durham, Leicestershire and Derbyshire as Sussex look to secure promotion to the first division.

The experienced bowler has also represented India on 22 occasions and was recently part of the Test side that toured the West Indies.

No slight on this particular player, but this type of signing has massively contributed to my ever-diminishing interest in County cricket :down:

How do you ever expect the fans to form any real affinity with the team, when it is made up of an endlessly changing line up of short-term hired guns, with no connection to the club, or concern for its long term success :shrug:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No slight on this particular player, but this type of signing has massively contributed to my ever-diminishing interest in County cricket :down:

How do you ever expect the fans to form any real affinity with the team, when it is made up of an endlessly changing line up of short-term hired guns, with no connection to the club, or concern for its long term success :shrug:
Agree. We are told we must support the club while they play the youngsters and then bring in a player to replace a youngster who has no interest in the club apart from money for just 3 games. What happened to the days of overseas players coming over with there families and becoming part of club and community. What happened to the 2 overseas bowlers that were here earlier.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's 11th on the all time list of longest gaps between Test match appearances and the longest this century, if you like your cricket stats. 12 years and 2 days between his first Test match and his second.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Agree. We are told we must support the club while they play the youngsters and then bring in a player to replace a youngster who has no interest in the club apart from money for just 3 games. What happened to the days of overseas players coming over with there families and becoming part of club and community. What happened to the 2 overseas bowlers that were here earlier.
Except the youngsters are clearly not good enough.

Recent bowling lineups have had all the threat and potency of a leaking water pistol

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Except the youngsters are clearly not good enough.

Recent bowling lineups have had all the threat and potency of a leaking water pistol
not sure if your second sentence refers to the youngsters or the bowlers
we have brought in the the past year or 2 (Finn, Karvalas, Currie, Mc Andrew,
Shipley, Ahraf plus others that I’ve forgotten)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Jul 20, 2003
Well, having got back from the game, I would say that, other than being out-batted, out-bowled, out-fielded and out-captained, that went pretty well.

The only positive was they didn't play 'Sweet Caroline' through the PA.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Pathetic performance again today.

Released T20 captain Bopara has just picked up his 4th wicket in the hundred malarkey. Went for a very economical 21.

His last ball was bowled to the unretained David Weise. The amount of quality former Sussex players is quite shocking. I understand the youth policy and financial restrictions but surely keeping a squad together (some were pushed, not all jumped) makes more sense than shelling out for short term stints from overseers money grabbers .

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Farbrace has been pretty scathing in his post match interviews - I would guess that what was said in the dressing room would have been much worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here