Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ward has added aggression to this side. He needs to learn how to build a match winning innings, rather than cameos. I think he has a future in this side.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don't particularly rate him but I've always liked that he gives it a go. I don't know why he wasn't playing earlier in the tournament.
Probably for the same reason you don’t rate him (I presume). His technique is ordinary and he hasn’t scored big runs. He’s a flat track bully.
He can smack it though and has a bit about him. Definitely good enough for this crap Sussex team.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Talking of Surrey, they’re currently absolutely bottling what should have been an easy victory against Middlesex on Sky

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Surrey posted 252 and still look like losing to winless Middlesex. On SKy at the mo

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing chase, record for the blast

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We seem to be signing players for next year already

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh no. I am disappointed by this news.
:laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol::laugh::lolol:
Always sad to see Surrey lose like that. I felt so sorry for them as I laughed uncontrollably with involuntary and demented two finger salutes at the screen.

I have so many reasons to hate the county of Surrey. Not it's people, just the county of Surrey. I was actually born there. I stayed 10 days. Long story.

My adopted father once suggested I should really be a Surrey fan as it was the county of my birth, it was like the 'father's gun' chant in reverse.

I was a member at Middlesex in the 90s. Not because I was a supporter, but because an out of county membership was really cheap and I often popped up to see matches at Lords and went to the pavilion. Great ground.

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
We seem to be signing players for next year already

I'd never heard of Lamb before, his averages are pretty solid but looks like another FHP to me.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'd never heard of Lamb before, his averages are pretty solid but looks like another FHP to me.
Slight upgrade on FHP. Lamb battered us in a cup game not so long ago.
It’s an OK signing. a better bet than grandad Wright, anyway

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
He played well against us in the One Day Cup last year - scored a 50 and took a couple of wickets
Slight upgrade on FHP. Lamb battered us in a cup game not so long ago.
It’s an OK signing. a better bet than grandad Wright, anyway

I might be being a bit harsh but I wouldn't read too much into the One Day cup stuff. Such a weak competition without The Hundred players.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I might be being a bit harsh but I wouldn't read too much into the One Day cup stuff. Such a weak competition without The Hundred players.
what was clear in that game was his attitude. He was a right hard b******. He made our team look like the kids they were and they wilted away when he got going.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he ruffles a few feathers, with his less metrosexual more man’s man character.
Perhaps that’s what he’s being signed for us much as anything else. There’s nothing special about his stats.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Win the toss again and bat this time.

Backed them last night post toss, might have 50p again here.

8/11.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Is there a more frustrating batsman than Clark?
He's got the shots and usually makes a start.
Then at some point (before it's a meaningful contribution) he looks 'ready' to get out. Then he gets out.
Cameo after cameo.
He will do well to get another contract, despite the investment the club has put into him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here