Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It really isn't the same, John. The club are struggling financially and are trying to work out the best way to produce a competitive team. No-one is 'on the make'.

I don't agree with some of the decisions, but I'm a life long fan and understand the difficulties (although not the entire situation).

Last year they prioritised 20 overs, which is where the cash is. They got to finals day.

Most of us prefer the longer format on here, but have also to face the fact we watch in on free streams and give diddly squat to the club.

The have and have nots gap is huge in cricket. And Sussex are in the latter.

But wash your mouth out for putting Archer in the same breath, old son. Unless it's Jofra Archer. But like Ollie Robinson, he isn't available to Sussex at present. Sussex have a load of bowlers out.

Imagine if Archer, Robinson, Finn and Garton were the seamers. That's some attack.

Pretty much spot on. However there are questions regarding the legal ownership of the ground, it’s all a bit muddled. Can anyone on here clarify?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Durham 68/3

Two wickets for Tom Clark the other for Crocombe

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Durham 72/4

Our floppy haired debutant Beard with his first Sussex wicket.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Are we playing Durham CCC or Durham University ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Best session of bowling we’ve had for a very long time.

Durham 79/6 (six) at lunch.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I watched a lot on computer this morning. No wonder not many attend with this live service. I may well have considered going to ground if it was not for this. Whilst appreciate cannot beat live sport surely this service keeps people away that now dont spend a penny. Cant understand what return is for the club

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I watched a lot on computer this morning. No wonder not many attend with this live service. I may well have considered going to ground if it was not for this. Whilst appreciate cannot beat live sport surely this service keeps people away that now dont spend a penny. Cant understand what return is for the club

I'm not sure that it keeps folk away as I would imagine that most are unlikely to attend anyway (work day etc)

However, I would be happy to pay a subscription each year for access to Championship matches.

634 watching at the moment. That's far higher than a usual crowd.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm not sure that it keeps folk away as I would imagine that most are unlikely to attend anyway (work day etc)

However, I would be happy to pay a subscription each year for access to Championship matches.

I'm "working" from home.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sorry about the delay, but the buffet is now open……

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Living in Gloucester, I wouldn't be going to watch the cricket in Hove anyway - I wonder how many of the 634 watching would be there if it wasn't on the tele? For this sort of coverage, especially as I can get it on my full size tele, I'd be willing to pay a subscription, providing they got the pricing right.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Living in Gloucester, I wouldn't be going to watch the cricket in Hove anyway - I wonder how many of the 634 watching would be there if it was on the tele? For this sort of coverage, especially as I can get it on my full size tele, I'd be willing to pay a subscription, providing they got the pricing right.

Very few I suspect. I think a subscription service would be good. I can't get to matches, so I'm happy to stump up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Durham 223 all out (73.5 overs)

Clark 3-21
Beard 3-51
Crane 2-28
Haines 1-18
Crocombe 1-45

Well done the bowlers :clap2:

The next hour will tell us a lot about how good that was :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here