Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seeing how empty the ground is, especially the hospitality just shows playing all the games at Hove is really missing out. Horsham, Arundel and Eastbourne would result in full hospitality and the opportunity for others around the county who find Hove a real ball ache to get to.

Just had a look, nearly all the other County teams are playing at outgrounds either Championship or Royal London games or both.

Inward poor thinking from Hove CCC.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Seeing how empty the ground is, especially the hospitality just shows playing all the games at Hove is really missing out. Horsham, Arundel and Eastbourne would result in full hospitality and the opportunity for others around the county who find Hove a real ball ache to get to.

Just had a look, nearly all the other County teams are playing at outgrounds either Championship or Royal London games or both.

It would help if the club knowing weather was going to be perfect marketed the game to let the 100s k population plus tourists know there was a game on. Could have even reduced prices and maybe a discount for attending more then one day. However do get impression club is only interested in getting people to 20/20 games..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It would help if the club knowing weather was going to be perfect marketed the game to let the 100s k population plus tourists know there was a game on. Could have even reduced prices and maybe a discount for attending more then one day. However do get impression club is only interested in getting people to 20/20 games..

Agree to an extent but why only the local population?

The attendance figures when they went to the out grounds far surpassed that of Hove for the Championship and competed with the one day game. The sponsors/hospitality tents were also always full, mainly using local businesses. The weather in truth didn't change that unless it was a complete wash out.

The wickets have had a higher rating from the umpires, traditionally, than Hove, what's not to like. It gets County cricket to all parts of the county. The vast majority of the counties still use their out grounds and for good reason.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Sussex have always been quite open that is about sponsorship, as the costs of playing on outfields runs into the thousands of pounds. I am always amazed companies in these areas do not fund week's sports festivals.

I am upset by it but never blame Sussex, I always think the multi million pound ECB miss a trick by not giving out grants and funding for all sides that need it to play at outgrounds. It ticks so many boxes i.e spreading the game, engaging communities. I for one would happily let all the 20 blasts go elsewhere so we can play 4 day cricket like this one In the Summer at Hove, when it should be played.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone know what happened to Haines for him to retire hurt?

Broken a bone in his hand Out for a month.

Who's going to be captain for the rest of the game? Robbo is vice captain but he's not playing. My guess is Finn but who knows

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

The attendance figures when they went to the out grounds far surpassed that of Hove for the Championship and competed with the one day game. The sponsors/hospitality tents were also always full, mainly using local businesses. The weather in truth didn't change that unless it was a complete wash out.

The wickets have had a higher rating from the umpires, traditionally, than Hove, what's not to like. It gets County cricket to all parts of the county. The vast majority of the counties still use their out grounds and for good reason.[/QUOTE

Understand what you say about out grounds where local people and companies get involved. However my big objection with huge population of Bton/Hove plus tourist to attract and knowing weather is great no effort is made to get them to ground. As I have said it would help if they let people know there was a game on

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tom Alsop 150* :clap2:

and out, equaling his career best.

Tom Alsop c Parkinson b Mulder 150 (300m 243b 16x4 0x6) SR: 61.72

380-4

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

The wickets have had a higher rating from the umpires, traditionally, than Hove, what's not to like. It gets County cricket to all parts of the county. The vast majority of the counties still use their out grounds and for good reason.
This.

The away game against Lancashire last year at Sedburgh was fantastic

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/9...ne-match-stood-out?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sussex have always been quite open that is about sponsorship, as the costs of playing on outfields runs into the thousands of pounds. I am always amazed companies in these areas do not fund week's sports festivals.

I am upset by it but never blame Sussex, I always think the multi million pound ECB miss a trick by not giving out grants and funding for all sides that need it to play at outgrounds. It ticks so many boxes i.e spreading the game, engaging communities. I for one would happily let all the 20 blasts go elsewhere so we can play 4 day cricket like this one In the Summer at Hove, when it should be played.

But the advertising is taken to the out grounds as is the catering. Local business sponsor the events, money straight into the coffers. It doesn't add up that it costs thousands. Today's game had a total of no one in hospitality and hardly a soul in the ground. Sorry but that doesn't figure. Sussex have always moaned about it, going back as far as I can remember but it's due to being Hove centric they need to change.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Today's game had a total of no one in hospitality and hardly a soul in the ground. .

Fair enough you have a bee in your bonnet regarding matches not being played outside of Hove this season but were you there today? There must have been over 500 kids from schools all over Sussex occupying most of the Shark stand plus 300 + members and day entrants elsewhere. Don’t know about hospitality but Mondays are never good for entertaining.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fair enough you have a bee in your bonnet regarding matches not being played outside of Hove this season but were you there today? There must have been over 500 kids from schools all over Sussex occupying most of the Shark stand plus 300 + members and day entrants elsewhere. Don’t know about hospitality but Mondays are never good for entertaining.

I was heavily involved back in the day at Horsham from doing the score board to helping the groundsman, doing the fencing and so on. Ended up being friends with Peter Eaton (which was unusual as he was a miserable git haha). I know the effort put in to setting the games up but it's worth it and benefits the county as a whole.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was heavily involved back in the day at Horsham from doing the score board to helping the groundsman, doing the fencing and so on. Ended up being friends with Peter Eaton (which was unusual as he was a miserable git haha). I know the effort put in to setting the games up but it's worth it and benefits the county as a whole.

You seem to have ignored the contents of my post

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Eight hundred school children from Sussex. One hospitality party was in Cow Corner and more booked for Tuesday.
These days of the week are not great for hospitality

Was brilliant seeing all the kids playing on the ground at lunchtime. Does not happen at the Amex!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here